Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Nov 29, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #122 of 467

i personally like the sound sig of the clip better than any ipod. the ipods sound too warm. my headphones are already a little too warm for my taste (ath-esw9) and in combo with a warm source i think they sound terrible. however on the clip they sound fantastic.
Quote:
Well, I've got 10 DAP's that I use actively. Plus an old Nomad Jukebox 3 that I have plugged into my stereo. I only use MP3 on my DAP's, but my collection is over 160BG, so I have combined my love for music with my interest in older DAP's. My latest purchase was an 8GB Sansa Clip+ with a 16GB MicroSD card. Space is starting to run out on my DAP:s, so I should have gotten a 32GB MicrosSD card instead...

And no, I'm not interested in a 160GB iPod.

only 16gb cards are supported on the clip+ last i heard. a 32gb card will not work.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #123 of 467

Quote:
i personally like the sound sig of the clip better than any ipod. the ipods sound too warm. my headphones are already a little too warm for my taste (ath-esw9) and in combo with a warm source i think they sound terrible. however on the clip they sound fantastic.

only 16gb cards are supported on the clip+ last i heard. a 32gb card will not work.

32GB cards work just fine.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #125 of 467
+1. I bought 32GB microSDHC to use with both of Clip+ and HM-602, latter with SF adapter. Card works fine, while Clip+ does not - its clip felt off. Clip+ predecessor, Clip done the same. Honestly, I am not into idea to buy the next one Sansa, either Clip+ or Clip Zip. I like to have something more rigid.

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #127 of 467
Do you guys use the Clip+ as your main portable player? I bought one on black friday, and after a few days of listening to it I can say that my 5th gen iPod sounds better. I don't have discerning ears, but it sounds like I'm losing resolution with the Clip. I bought the Clip mainly to use at the gym, but after seeing its popularity here I thought I might also be able to use it as my main player since my iPod's getting old and laggy. 

Has anyone else compared the 5th gen iPod to the Clip and feel the same? Btw, My clip is rockboxed but my iPod is not.

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #128 of 467
+1. I like 5.5gen more than Clip+. The latter is for ultraportable needs, when I am moving.

Quote:
Do you guys use the Clip+ as your main portable player? I bought one on black friday, and after a few days of listening to it I can say that my 5th gen iPod sounds better. I don't have discerning ears, but it sounds like I'm losing resolution with the Clip. I bought the Clip mainly to use at the gym, but after seeing its popularity here I thought I might also be able to use it as my main player since my iPod's getting old and laggy. 

Has anyone else compared the 5th gen iPod to the Clip and feel the same? Btw, My clip is rockboxed but my iPod is not.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #129 of 467
I'm a disappointed with the volume level supported, when using with a ksc75. There's not enough room for eq, or replay gain.
At the end to get satisfying thumping bass, I  use loudness  compression to max threshold on rockbox (but with ratio 2, soft knee, release time 1000 ms),
and I even add more bass after.
The treble I  get is often harsh, so I'm tempted to decrease the treble. But when I  try my ksc75 elsewhere , the treble is not as bad.
On some song with high pitched electric guitar, it is turned into noise.
I'm not convinced at all, that the sound quality of sansa clip+ is good, or  it is  bad with relatively high impedance headphones (60 ohm for the ksc75).

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #130 of 467
For the price and size, it is an amazing little player. I initially bought it to be only a work out player, but I find myself switching between it and my J3. The difference is that I don't need to eq my clip really, but something seems off when I don't eq my J3. When eqed the J3 sounds better to my ears, but flat goes to my rock boxed clip +.

Considering that I only spent $20 on a referb, that is impressive.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #131 of 467

Quote:

really?

i have both ipod 5.5g and sansa clip+ for a long time and i can say i'm 100% sure that sansa clip+ is technically better sounding than ipod video 5.5g

plus the sound signature is more appealing in sansa clip+ as well..

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #132 of 467

Quote:
really?

i have both ipod 5.5g and sansa clip+ for a long time and i can say i'm 100% sure that sansa clip+ is technically better sounding than ipod video 5.5g

plus the sound signature is more appealing in sansa clip+ as well..

Strange. That's definitely not the case for me. Is rockbox supposed to play a big role in the sound maybe? Are either of your players rockboxed?

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #134 of 467

Quote:
Strange. That's definitely not the case for me. Is rockbox supposed to play a big role in the sound maybe? Are either of your players rockboxed?

clip+ is better than the ipod in original firmware, and even better rockboxed

but both DAP's sound quality improves with rockbox

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #135 of 467
Was wondering if the clip actually does sound better? Even when the classic 5th gen iPod is using a wolfson WM8758 sound chip while I dont even know what sandisk is using. Assuming that both are rockboxed so I can play FLAC files (even when clip can already play it). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back