Is my M50 genuine?
Feb 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #17 of 30
those aren't punk bands mate...

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #19 of 30
It creates another problem entirely.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Yea, but it`s another discussion and you got the point..

Quote:
use pink noise to burn after 10 hours and see. My m50 is officially usable now after some extensive burn in. 

I did a 5 hour and didn`t notice any change.
Then i let it playing random music for about 3 hours (sleeping in afternoon) and then when i woke up and listened, WOW.
Now i`m beggining to undersand why the "the bass just appears" from the reviews =D

well, i`m going to positive the guy now =D

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #22 of 30

Quote:
Quote:

Yea, but it`s another discussion and you got the point..

Quote:
use pink noise to burn after 10 hours and see. My m50 is officially usable now after some extensive burn in. 

I did a 5 hour and didn`t notice any change.
Then i let it playing random music for about 3 hours (sleeping in afternoon) and then when i woke up and listened, WOW.
Now i`m beggining to undersand why the "the bass just appears" from the reviews =D

well, i`m going to positive the guy now =D

Glad to hear you're happy with your purchase. If anything else happens, let us know.

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #23 of 30
They are definitely real. I bought mine from an authorized dealer(Streamline Audio) and mine looks exactly the same. They may not sound as great out of the box. Many people report better sound after hours of burn-in.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #25 of 30
They look the same as mine, white box and everything, and I got mine from a licensed New York dealer. There are slight color discrepancies but that's probably due to the camera's quality.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #26 of 30
The most accurate way to determine if the ATH-M50's are actually fake or not is to actually open up the Cans.

The Genuine/Real ATH-M50's have labeled drivers (125B) as well as that soft white padding between the actual driver and the plastic that holds the driver in place.
Example of Genuine:

Now, the Fake ones look different without any labels and there is no soft padding between the drivers and plastic that holds it in place.
Example of Fake:

That is the best way to determine fake or not.
Also, don't pay attention to the red circles and squared that outline differences between fake and real, because someone else did that. There are many differences between real and fake on the inside. Real on top, fake on bottom.. look for yourself. Don't be scared to open up your newly bought ATH-M50's because they are literally the easiest things to put back together.

Mar 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #27 of 30
I opened up the cans gutlessly and saw the 125B sticker. I don't know why I did this cuz im pretty sure my cans are original. Guess I wanted to inscribe official "genuine" mark in my brain. Lol

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #28 of 30

Quote:
I opened up the cans gutlessly and saw the 125B sticker. I don't know why I did this cuz im pretty sure my cans are original. Guess I wanted to inscribe official "genuine" mark in my brain. Lol

And you have to admit that its very easy to open it up and close it back exactly the way it was.. am I right? =]
Because most new people are scared to open up their first set of expensive cans when they really shouldn't be. Just be careful not to tug the driver from the wire.

Ever heard of "what matters most is what is inside" in movies? Well, it applies to headphones too cuz it reveals the true identity of your cans (real or fake).

Thats the end of my story.

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #29 of 30
Also, the best modding is done this way. :)

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #30 of 30
Just checked mine's driver, phew it's genuine (...it'd be a miracle if it wasn't)

Edit:

HEY i just found out why there is a bass difference between new white-box M50s and older versions. The new ones all have factory-completed taping of the outer rim holes that emanate bass! Like eriktheg's photos!

The older M50s lack the taping, thus they have more quantity of (and possibly more bloated) bass. Didn't someone invent the "balance mod for M50" just to remedy that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back