Is Merzbow dangerous?
May 22, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #16 of 45
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

May 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #18 of 45
No but KK NULL is

May 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can sell you art generators, in pink, brown, and white varieties.

If you don't like it, just don't listen to it I guess.

Merzbow's "music" generally does sound like white noise, or perhaps like glass shattering inside your brain. So what? I once heard his collaboration with Throbbing Gristle's Genesis P-Orridge (found here, and here) referred to as sounding like "a washing machine". Of course, it really doesn't sound anything like a washing machine and I consider it to be a very cool display of industrial spoken word / noise music, but I don't mind people thinking otherwise. I'll even say that I personally can't listen to Merzbow for more than around 5 minutes at a time because it gives me a headache, but I still dig it occasionally - especially his collaborations. I also really liked his complete remix of The Inalienable Dreamless from Discordance Axis on the Our Last Day compilation.

Different strokes for different folks makes a party or something like that, right? If it doesn't appeal to you, just move on to something else.

May 23, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about your wallet...

Holy crap, didn't mean I owned it! I'd have to take out a bank loan for that sum.
angry_face.gif

And yes...i'm very, very different...apparently

May 23, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm frequently amazed at how few normal sane people that actually seem to exist. Or maybe that says something about my friends...

you should be very careful with this word "normal". in the same way that "targets" can be pushed a little bit further / harder when everyone hits them, "normal" can be moved in the opposite direction. if we are all "normal", there will always be someone to complain & attempt to drag us down to a new normal level. i have neighbours like this. aslo some politicians.

icon10.gif

May 23, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't understand it. Where's the pleasure?

It's Avant-Grade to the most extreme sense; the scope of people he will appeal to is going to be quite limited. Though the Japanese are much more tolerant and accepting of such acts.

Then again, what did people think of "Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart when it first came out?

May 23, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Avant-Grade to the most extreme sense; the scope of people he will appeal to is going to be quite limited. Though the Japanese are much more tolerant and accepting of such acts.

Then again, what did people think of "Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart when it first came out?

OK, I guess there's an audience for almost everything. Personally, I'd rather get poked in the eye with a sharp stick than sit through an entire "concert" of that.

May 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I guess there's an audience for almost everything. Personally, I'd rather get poked in the eye with a sharp stick than sit through an entire "concert" of that.

Hmm a concert? I think his might be short ones, but if not...you would need to be on drugs :S! Then again if your on drugs around that you might totally freakout :p
QbBBczzDeCA
here's Masami in Kobe 17 years ago, street performances! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back