Is it worth getting a premium portable amp for the JH16?
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jaydome

New Head-Fier
How big of a difference will I see in the lows with a CLAS+Pico with iPhone 4S / Sansa Clip+ ? Should I spend the extra money and get the Rx MK3? I don't care about the cost as much as I care about portability and punchy bass, good vocals is a plus. Considered Mustang for vocals but I read that all RSA amps have minor distortion so I wasn't sure. Listen to 90% hip hop 5% jazz 5% soul/r&b

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 5
Jh16 has plenty of bass already. Going balanced will give you a punchier and broader sound. Even more, I mean. I had the slim. Fantastic amp. Very good battery life and tiiiiiiiny.
But... Consider also the bulkiness of getting a clas + the mkiii+ all the interconnects...
I recently purchased the fostex hp p1. Very satisfied of it. One interconnect, sturdy, beautiful. Just my two cents.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #5 of 5
I have the Arrow amp and it makes a big difference coming from the iphone 4.  Ive got the 3G Arrow and I love the bass punch.  I know there are better amps out there, but I got it for under $200.  I have my arrow velcroed to my iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back