Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
May 6, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #16 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by verticalforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zacorias, the opposite applies to me. This is the only earbud that I had ever tried that actually fit in my ear.

I guess it's weird like that. If you have a perfect fit, then only can you appreciate the quality of this bud. (compare to other stock buds) It's a bit like IEM, really.

I see where you are coming from but I have no right to judge these headphones as they are not able to fit my ears, thus I havent listen to them for more than about 5-10 min.

May 6, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #17 of 96
Mainly, I hate the fit. And Apple's iBuds aren't the worst offenders in the fit category.

Earbuds in general don't fit for me, to the extent that sound quality doesn't even enter into the equation -- and I don't have tiny ears. Canal phones, IEMs, portable headphones, open headphones, closed headphones -- all work far better for me than earbuds, which precariously balance in my ear ... for about 20 seconds, before shifting or falling out when I turn my head even slightly.

May 6, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #18 of 96
Heh... they actually fit my ears pretty well. Great fashion accessory, but pretty poor sounding TBH. Good fit is essential if you want any bass out of these
wink.gif

p1060384copyly2.jpg

EDIT: After 15 minutes with these beauties, I finally took them out. Ouch! The area around the opening of my ears hurt so much! Don't think I'll be using these again
tongue.gif

May 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #20 of 96
I can dance like the itunes advert and the buds will still sit in place - awesome, it's like this bud is custom made for my ears...

The bass is plenty IMO, very muddy with no tactile feeling.

Can I ask something? For straight jack connector, are you supposed to twist them before you remove the plug from the player or just jack it straight out? I damaged one of my Shure E500's cable my twisting them continously... :/

May 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 96
I never particularly minded the ibud's sound (i had nothing to compare it against, though), but i never owned a single pair that lasted more than a month.

May 9, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #23 of 96
Now I'm mostly back to the iBuds. (And this came after all those years of using headphones of a lot of sorts.) This is because I hardly listen to music at home through headphones - all of my headphone/earphone use is on the go, in warm weather (where sweat during walking would drench the earpads of larger headphones) and in places where any isolation at all whatsoever is a no-no.

That said, I listened to both the original and the new iBuds. The new model fits my ears better than the old model did. The sound... Sure, there is not much bass or treble extension, but the sound quality is not as awful as a lot of us have thought. But with Apple charging $30 for them, it costs twice as much as it should have been priced at.

May 9, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #24 of 96
AHHH! NOOO! I... MUST... EXORCISE... THE... DEMONS...!
DO NOT GO TO THE OTHER SIDE! DO NOT GO TO THE DARK SIDE, MILES!

May 9, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #25 of 96
I've said it before, but the new apple earbuds are similar in sound quality to the MX400, only they're a bit brighter and have a bit less bass. Funny how the Apples get a whole lot worse rep though. The old version were fairly bad - still listenable though, and decent for stock earbuds. Even so, the MX300 beat them out rather easily IMO. I also think the Sennheisers are more comfortable than both versions, though the new one isn't too bad (the old was no good for me.)

May 9, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #26 of 96
i heard the new 2G iBuds on a 2G shuffle and thought they were ok. sure, the bass isn't that defined (and kinda missing) and the highs were kinda rolled off, but i have definately heard a LOT worse. great for listening while exercising or just messing around.

May 9, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #27 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hated them. No bass, don't fit in my ears..(no earphones, buds etc that I've found have though.)
I also don't like the iPods I've used. No bass, tinny sound. Weak mids, just meh all around.

Hate the buds, but my 5G iPod sounds great with Grado SR80s. Never tried it with an amp that could drive my K501s. The buds are convenient and easy to keep in a pocket, but they irritated my outer ear, and never stayed in place while I was mobile. My ears are on the large side, but my wife could never get them to stay in her (much smaller) ears either. Soundwise, well the buds are a marked improvement over a sharp stick in the eye.
blink.gif

Kerry M

May 9, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #28 of 96
in the battle of the stock buds, I prefer the Zune buds over ipod's. But either one is helped a bit if you get some little foam covers at Radio Shack. Doesn't look as cool but they sit in the ear better and they're less bright and tinny. Still nothing to get excited about though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back