Is it just me being too sensitive ?
Jan 15, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it is lame as that is how I was brought up.

Now that comment can be interpreted as you are too good for everybod else... but am sure that's not what u meant.

LAME in the sense that the poster is unawared and have not taken the time to learn the proper INTERNET ETIQUETTE. Reason why Mod deleted the post.

A Feedback Post, in this forum, (and on eBay as well) is intended to report about a breach of contract, a major infraction of dealing in good faith, NOT about a (trivial) sarcastic comment and/or no reply.

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that comment can be interpreted as you are too good for everybod else... but am sure that's not what u meant.

No not at all, what I meant is simply that a lot of the values about proper beheaviour I'm brought up with don't seem to apply today. And I don't mean just here, I get it with my kids as well because what is considered proper form amongst them and there friends I consider very rude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LAME in the sense that the poster is unawared and have not taken the time to learn the proper INTERNET ETIQUETTE. Reason why Mod deleted the post.

A Feedback Post, in this forum, (and on eBay as well) is intended to report about a breach of contract, a major infraction of dealing in good faith, NOT about a (trivial) sarcastic comment and/or no reply.

Yes I can see the problem. The value of feed back is lost if people don't have common ideas about what positive, neutral and negative means. It's just hard for me as I find that "LEARNING PROPER INTERNET ETIQUETTE" means "UNLEARNING PROPER ETIQUETTE".

But then I suppose I did things that my parents didn't consider "proper" and so on way back.

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 24
I have not yet ignored a PM from anyone on this board, but it gets very frustrating when you specify the type of sale (no trades, no offers, etc.) and most of the PMs you get are exactly what you tried to avoid. It gets annoying. I am courteous enough to answer them all, but the buyer should have the courtesy to not PM someone when the sale clearly states the terms.

Anything within the boundaries of the sale I feel is my duty as seller to inform the buyer of the status of their inquiry, but I have no problem with a seller who feels otherwise.

Jan 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #20 of 24
I see some of u guys (women?) find "how" to get there as important as if u get there.

Me, as long as u get me there, EFFICIENTLY, u can do it naked for all I care. (Well, cover ur cellulites would be nice).

We, 2 types of personalities. Nobody is wrong.

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #22 of 24
Answering a PM is certainly the polite thing to do, but society in general is less polite than it used to be. Add the anonymity of the net and the level of civility dips another notch or ten.

Of course, people get used to not being civil online and bring that lack of courtesy into the "real" world, which in turn gets a little less polite. It's a never-ending downward spiral.

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #23 of 24
I do find it that a response is nice. However we don't know what the situation is for the seller. Maybe the seller tried to respond but missed someone, had a full PM box, or maybe in the seller's opinion no response is fine and they did not expect it to bug someone else.

I would just move on my way, and make sure to attempt to carry myself the way I see proper when the situation is flipped and I'm the seller.

The post, 3 posts up above me...maybe wrong thread.

Jan 16, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #24 of 24
I find it impolite not to reply, but I do understand PMs can be frustrating for a number of reasons. Still, I feel they should be taken on a message-by-message basis and handled respectably. Sellers who want respect should give buyers respect. As the old saying goes, ".. you catch more flies with honey."

I do agree that feedback is for transactions, not interaction. While I understand your frustration, it was best the mod deleted the negative.

Sadly today there is a huge loss of courtesy, and not only in the young. Gone are the days when people learned etiquette. Many people are rude without realizing what is rude, because they have not been treated any differently. Many do not realize they themselves are rude. A very interesting read on this subject can be found in Lynne Truss’s book ‘Talk To The Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness Of The World Today’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back