Is ie8 significant upgrade from future sonics atrio
Sep 6, 2009 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

noxa

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all

I currently have the atrios and am looking to upgrade to the ie8 and I would like to know if the ie8 will have the at least equal bass quantity and quality of the atrio? Also will I se a vast improvement in overall sound quality in the ie8

thank you for your advice

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 10
That depends on how much Atrio and IE8 will cost. Assuming you are getting Atrio at $160~180 (typical Road Dog or Freq City ebay's price) and IE8 for more than double the price (official price is $500 in U.S.), then I'll say Atrio is the better buy. Not that IE8 isn't good, just not more than twice as good as Atrio. However, if you can find IE8 for less than double of Atrio, it will be an okay buy. IMO, a great IE8 price should be around $300 - but that is just my opinion. Personally, I find Atrio to be better in value for its asking price.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That depends on how much Atrio and IE8 will cost. Assuming you are getting Atrio at $160~180 (typical Road Dog or Freq City ebay's price) and IE8 for more than double the price (official price is $500 in U.S.), then I'll say Atrio is the better buy. Not that IE8 isn't good, just not more than twice as good as Atrio. However, if you can find IE8 for less than double of Atrio, it will be an okay buy. IMO, a great IE8 price should be around $300 - but that is just my opinion. Personally, I find Atrio to be better in value for its asking price.

X2!

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 10
i have had both and agree somewhat with clieos. truthfully, the best parts of the ie8 are summed up in its better construction and cable. as for sound, they both are hard put by the bad acoustic chamber which resonates a plastic echo - in fast music and simply ... aren't beautiful sounding iems for certain musics.

the atrio remains one of my top iems of all time, a phone which i would put before any other only if it got rid of its echo. the ie8 may have bigger staging, but it has a less ergonomic position and no isolation (or nearly none).

both good phones, but i would put the ie8 over the atrio only in construction.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 10
I had gotten my Senn IE8s from Car Audio, Baby Strollers, Bikes, Headphones & More : VMInnovations.com for about $265.00 but I don't see them on their Web site anymore. If you keep looking you may be le to find a comparable price instead of something near $500.00. There are surely deals to be had. Or you could always check the For Sale forum on Head-Fi. There are always good deals there as well.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 10
If you want equal bass quantity and quality and better mids, highs and soundstage JVC/Victor FX500 would be a recommendable upgrade. IE8 has very different bass from the Atrios, less lower and more upper bass. Plus the FX500 are better bang for buck.

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by selkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atrios also needs an amp, doesn't it ?

No, not at all. Atrio is great straight from the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back