Is Denon D1001k a good headphone?
Dec 21, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can get the d1001k for around 80 bucks on buy.com or ebay.

Thanks will do that
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #19 of 33
Seriously, if you are strapped for money, just get the Sennheiser HD201 and be done.
Fairly comfy, light, portable, detailed, neutral with enough bass..... All for ~20$us.
If you want more bass weight, the Sennheiser PX100 can be had for ~35$us.

Both are great values, and simply because they are priced cheap does not mean they are cheap.

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #20 of 33
Will i able to hear the outside world when i am wearing these? I might get one if it can do that :p i know they supposely have poorer isolation for a closed headphone.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, if you are strapped for money, just get the Sennheiser HD201 and be done.
Fairly comfy, light, portable, detailed, neutral with enough bass..... All for ~20$us.

Both are great values, and simply because they are priced cheap does not mean they are cheap.

I was wondering how does the PX100 sound compared to the HD201?

I am buying a Z5500 for sure now so may want a cheapo headphones.
Imagine I went from Audiophile to $20 head phones. lol

But how would you class the PX100?

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #23 of 33
Effetic, you need to read more and post less. You're at 27 posts per day right now, and your tastes are swinging wildly across the board. All your questions have been asked and answered already by others on these boards. Seek and ye shall find.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering how does the PX100 sound compared to the HD201?

I am buying a Z5500 for sure now so may want a cheapo headphones.
Imagine I went from Audiophile to $20 head phones. lol

But how would you class the PX100?

The quick answer without going into too much detail is that the PX100 have a smoother sound with more bass weight and more rolled off highs. To me, music sounds more musical. They are very small, light, and portable. The HD201 are very detailed, but music is not quite as musical sounding. It sounds a little dryer with a little touch of brightness and more controlled (yet again, dry) bass.

I personally prefer the sound of the PX100, but that doesn't mean you would also. Both are amazing deals for their price.
The PX100 are like a budget HD650, while the HD201 are like a budget HD580 (if that makes any sense).

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must concur -I picked up a pair of HD201's for $15.00 and was simply amazed at the SQ for such an inexpensive pair of phones - but, hey, they're Sennheisers after all!

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Effetic, you need to read more and post less. You're at 27 posts per day right now, and your tastes are swinging wildly across the board. All your questions have been asked and answered already by others on these boards. Seek and ye shall find.

haha, yeah, I've noticed that he had started at least 6 other threads starting with the one I replied to.

Hmmm, I'm curious as to why hes still asking about headphones when he said that he already purchased the Ultrasone HFI780s... Perhaps hes getting buyer's remorse? I wouldn't worry too much about the Ultrasones, I'm sure they are extremely nice headphones.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #27 of 33
I still looking for headphones / asking about them even when i got Pro 750s, TF.10 i cant stop!!! HELP! is there a clinic i can go to?

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still looking for headphones / asking about them even when i got Pro 750s, TF.10 i cant stop!!! HELP! is there a clinic i can go to?

I don't want to worry you, but you might not be in the best place for curing your headphone addiction.
dt880smile.png

Simon

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #29 of 33
effectic: Just buy it all, decide what you like best after a few months of listening, and sell the stuff you don't. Don't feel bad over a couple of hundred dollars. Many of us have exceeded what you have spent by a factor of 10x or more.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkadelic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to worry you, but you might not be in the best place for curing your headphone addiction.
dt880smile.png

Simon

Next up Audio Technica ESW9!!! madness.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back