Is Denon D1001k a good headphone?
Dec 21, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 33
I own both the Senn555 and Denon 1001 and the Denon has much better bass than the 555. I do think the 555 is more comfortable with the velour pads and seems to be built better. The Denon phones are lightweight and have a cheaper plasticy feel to them but they have replaced my Senn 555's.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangehole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own both the Senn555 and Denon 1001 and the Denon has much better bass than the 555. I do think the 555 is more comfortable with the velour pads and seems to be built better. The Denon phones are lightweight and have a cheaper plasticy feel to them but they have replaced my Senn 555's.

This is very good. I loved the HD555 but the bass was not there and heard they denon are known for their bass. Can you comment some more on the D1001k bass?

After long hard consideration I have decided how addicted I have become to this headphone hobby and its time I just bought a Logitech Z2300 speaker system and a $95 Denon D1001k headphone and be happy with that.

I need to get my life back on track and as such I have decided to start saving my money and stop spending it all out on this expensive hobby.
I was actually 2 seconds and 1 click away from placing my order on my HFI 780 but then it hit me I had lost my way. And these are after all luxury items.

So to correct all this and since I do not really like to wear headphones all that much I will take the D1001k and a Z2300 with my money and be happy with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I have read some good things about the D1001k and all denons infact so I think I shall be making a good decision here.

So before I make this final purchase any feedback on the D1001k will be greatly appreciated. And this will be my final purchase in headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put everything you wanna ask in 1 thread!

Ok cool hear this

Creative Aurvana Live I hear a talk that its the exact same as the D1001k

Is this true? Which one would you recommend me?

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is very good. I loved the HD555 but the bass was not there and heard they denon are known for their bass. Can you comment some more on the D1001k bass?

After long hard consideration I have decided how addicted I have become to this headphone hobby and its time I just bought a Logitech Z2300 speaker system and a $95 Denon D1001k headphone and be happy with that.

I need to get my life back on track and as such I have decided to start saving my money and stop spending it all out on this expensive hobby.
I was actually 2 seconds and 1 click away from placing my order on my HFI 780 but then it hit me I had lost my way. And these are after all luxury items.

So to correct all this and since I do not really like to wear headphones all that much I will take the D1001k and a Z2300 with my money and be happy with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I have read some good things about the D1001k and all denons infact so I think I shall be making a good decision here.

So before I make this final purchase any feedback on the D1001k will be greatly appreciated. And this will be my final purchase in headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't get it - if you say that you have become so "addicted to this hobby", then why are you considering such low-end and low-priced headphones (Denon 1001k), and no-name speakers (Logitech??) ?

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #11 of 33
^^ Well my money will be better spent on the Z2300 and D1001K instead of just a headphone.

Headphones make me sweaty and I kinda hate wearing them. when I wear headphones I get distracted but with speakers I am not confined to one spot.

he Logitech Z5500 was also on my list but I also need something to listen to decent at nights when everyone is sleeping heck even in the day if anyone is sleeping to.

I am still wondering if the Creative Aurvana LIVE and D1001k is really the same. Maby the drivers but denon i read has blower frequency and higher frequency response.

This way I will be satisfied cause I love the sound of real loud speakers to and a good gut kicking subwoofer punch aswell. Plus I will have a very good headphone aswell so I won't need anything again.

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get it - if you say that you have become so "addicted to this hobby", then why are you considering such low-end and low-priced headphones (Denon 1001k), and no-name speakers (Logitech??) ?

i think you completely misunderstood what he said. he said he was just starting to become addicted, but he resisted the urge to splurge on expensive equipment and instead just bought some low end systems because that's all he really needs. personally, i give him props to be able to resist upgraditis because to be honest, most of us don't really NEED all this expensive equipment (upwards $85,000k on some systems? like seriously that's enough for a down payment on a decently sized home or enough to buy a bmw m5).

however, i'm still not saying this expensive equipment isn't nice to have
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think you completely misunderstood what he said. he said he was just starting to become addicted, but he resisted the urge to splurge on expensive equipment and instead just bought some low end systems because that's all he really needs. personally, i give him props to be able to resist upgraditis because to be honest, most of us don't really NEED all this expensive equipment (upwards $85,000k on some systems? like seriously that's enough for a down payment on a decently sized home or enough to buy a bmw m5).

wink.gif

yeah thats exactly what I am saying. I really have reached the point where I was starting to over do it and this was getting out of hand and quite a few people has told me this to. I actually should be saving up to purchase a used 2003 Nissan Sunny or Honda civic or perhaps a Toyota Corolla.

I have kinda lost my way and if I had really gone and purchased a $200 or $300 US headphone then I would feel really guilty after. I love how the Logitech Z5500 speakers sound to I am getting them for now its only $230 on Amazon and they feel like money well spent wen you receive a 60 pound box lol.
I will never buy any home theater system that costs more than a Z5500 and I have decided to settle with the Denon D1001k headphone cause I do not use headphone all the time I use speakers most of the time.
I have decided to control myself on how I spend my money cause there are a lot of other important factors to consider in life right now.

So I shall settle for my Z5500 which will be my final home audio I will ever purchase and the D1001k for $95 or perhaps less if I can i hear the creative is the same and is $76 so I may even consider that.

That combination is quite satisfactory and I really do not see any urgent need to get better as these are luxury things and should never place priority over something like a vehicle or perhaps bills etc.
So I have placed an order for the Z5500 brand new and it will arrive tomorrow.

I am selling my geforce 9600 GSO tomorrow to compensate for the money I would spend on the D1001k or the creative that everyone says is a clone.

I will also take a long break from head fi and get my life back in order cause this hobby was really becoming far to expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again for all the help guys but I think I have found my way now.

Take care.

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif

yeah thats exactly what I am saying. I really have reached the point where I was starting to over do it and this was getting out of hand and quite a few people has told me this to. I actually should be saving up to purchase a used 2003 Nissan Sunny or Honda civic or perhaps a Toyota Corolla.

I have kinda lost my way and if I had really gone and purchased a $200 or $300 US headphone then I would feel really guilty after. I love how the Logitech Z5500 speakers sound to I am getting them for now its only $230 on Amazon and they feel like money well spent wen you receive a 60 pound box lol.
I will never buy any home theater system that costs more than a Z5500 and I have decided to settle with the Denon D1001k headphone cause I do not use headphone all the time I use speakers most of the time.
I have decided to control myself on how I spend my money cause there are a lot of other important factors to consider in life right now.

So I shall settle for my Z5500 which will be my final home audio I will ever purchase and the D1001k for $95 or perhaps less if I can i hear the creative is the same and is $76 so I may even consider that.

That combination is quite satisfactory and I really do not see any urgent need to get better as these are luxury things and should never place priority over something like a vehicle or perhaps bills etc.
So I have placed an order for the Z5500 brand new from a local store and it will arrive tomorrow.

I am selling my geforce 9600 GSO tomorrow to compensate for the money I would spend on the D1001k or the creative that everyone says is a clone.

I will also take a long break from head fi and get my life back in order cause this hobby was really becoming far to expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again for all the help guys but I think I have found my way now.

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back