Is anyone building CKKIII's
Feb 15, 2008 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

zombieDave

500+ Head-Fier
Is anyone building CKIII's to order right now? I'm looking for a reputable builder to make me one. If you're experienced and can send me a few pics of your clean interior & case work (this is going to be displayed in my living room), please PM me...

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 14
AMB's website lists Rockhopper Audio and MisterX as professional builders.

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 14
You might want to try jeff from glassjaraudio, he used to work at AMB and he's a very nice guy. I also know el_matt0 here is a good amp builder, along with Pars (actual screen name) Good Luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

You might want to try jeff from glassjaraudio, he used to work at AMB

That's news to me...
rolleyes.gif

Jeff offers DIY kits, but as far as I know he doesn't do any amp building for others.

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 14
yea I think jeff is too busy of a guy for that :p i imagine its probably a busy enough job just keeping all of us busy DIYers stocked with stuff to solder together. rawr!
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's news to me...
rolleyes.gif

Jeff offers DIY kits, but as far as I know he doesn't do any amp building for others.

Well, I was talking to him on the phone asking some questions and he mentioned he was doing a building some amps at the time for customers. Also MisterX reffered me to him to build a amp he doesn't offer at his online store. It's worth a shot. GL
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangedaze39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I was talking to him on the phone asking some questions and he mentioned he was doing a building some amps at the time for customers. Also MisterX reffered me to him to build a amp he doesn't offer at his online store. It's worth a shot. GL
smily_headphones1.gif

He's got an online store? What's the website?

Feb 16, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's news to me...

which bit? that he worked with AMB labs or that he builds amps, or both?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's got an online store? What's the website?

index
http://www.glassjaraudio.com/

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea I think jeff is too busy of a guy for that :p i imagine its probably a busy enough job just keeping all of us busy DIYers stocked with stuff to solder together. rawr!
biggrin.gif

Yeah that is so true. I build a couple of CK-K3 for people in the past, but that was a while ago. Packing kits takes all my spare time these days. Glass Jar Audio is a hobby that I work on in my spare time, and I have a regular full time job testing fuel cells.

Additionally, I have never worked at AMB labs (although that would be a cool job), AMB does let me check out his cool projects from time to time
cool.gif

-JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back