iRiver iHP-140 with 128GB SSD
Feb 8, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by safug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody mad an iRiver Ihp120/140 mod with a 64 GB CF?How much does those card cost and whats reading writing speed?Best 64 GB for the money and where?
cheers

You can find reports of 64 GB CF mods in the forum section of Database Error as soon as the site gets back up.

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #19 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, with the new slim adapters, as I referred to

You referred to them as the proper adaptors.

That tells no one anything at all. There are several proper adaptors that can be employed for modifying the storage media used in an iriver.

Quote:

I have two of these iRivers HP140, with the Cameron Sino 2200 mAh batteries, dual-platter 120 Gb harddiscs and slim-line adapters, and there was no problem fitting them together without any excessive pressure or strain on any part!
And without any "fiddly hacksaw/butchery mods"!

I have several iriver h120's and 140's some unmodded, some with extended batt's only, some with upgraded hdd's upto 120gb and some with cf cards.

What is your point other than you failed to adequately qualify your statement about no butchery mods being required.

Quote:

There was some old adapters that made putting these mods together quite difficult, they are still available for cheap.

Those who have been around irivers for a while only had the option of using the thicker adaptors at one stage.

However, the mods were never difficult, by any stretch of the imagination and by any ones standards of technical ability.

Literally, unscrew some screws, unplug battery and hdd and plug in new hdd and battery using an adaptor. Hardly rocket science.

Quote:

And some people still try to save some few bucks and using these inadequate adapters in the iRivers!
But stupidity on some peoples part still does not make your statement correct!

I am sure they do, and that is their perogative, however others, did the mod months and years before the new slimline adaptors were even available.

So in future, before you make a half arsed factually incorrect statement, check you know What it is you're going on about.

Feb 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElEsido /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can find reports of 64 GB CF mods in the forum section of Database Error as soon as the site gets back up.

ElEsio: somebody around here mentioned before that miscticriver if official closed.Anybody know more about that?It is a share not to be able to acces all that amount of information is on their database about iRiver.

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #23 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickosiris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the last couple of weeks I've bought a second iHP-140 (off eBay), a 128GB SSD, and a 2200mAh replacement battery. I'll be sticking the all together as soon as the iRiver arrives. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this? I've heard of at least one 64GB SSD in an iHP-140, but a 128GB?

I'll also post the results of this little experiment hereabouts.

Considering to do the same thing with my H120 as Samsung's 128 GB SSDs are only 5 mm high. If their price was around USD 150 I wouldn't hesitate but even at todays 300ish I might take the plunge
icon10.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #24 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ElEsio: somebody around here mentioned before that miscticriver if official closed.Anybody know more about that?It is a share not to be able to acces all that amount of information is on their database about iRiver.

Oh no! Tell me that's not true!

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 165
Yes, it seems misticriver is fairly dead... at exactly the moment I decide to open up my iRiver, nice timing.

Anyway, the operation to install the 128GB SSD was fairly unsuccessful. I managed to get a nice new high capacity battery in ok, but the SSD (even though it slipped into place easily) would not mount on either a Mac or a PC. I managed to detect it with Disk Utility on the Mac, but it showed up as a 4GB drive and I couldn't format it or do anything else with it. In fact there was no evidence that it was a 128GB drive at all apart from a small sticker on it. The vendor has agreed to a refund if I send it back to them. In China. Wish me luck!

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #26 of 165
Quote:

Yes, it seems misticriver is fairly dead... at exactly the moment I decide to open up my iRiver, nice timing.

Anyway, the operation to install the 128GB SSD was fairly unsuccessful. I managed to get a nice new high capacity battery in ok, but the SSD (even though it slipped into place easily) would not mount on either a Mac or a PC. I managed to detect it with Disk Utility on the Mac, but it showed up as a 4GB drive and I couldn't format it or do anything else with it. In fact there was no evidence that it was a 128GB drive at all apart from a small sticker on it. The vendor has agreed to a refund if I send it back to them. In China. Wish me luck!

I'M BUMMED to hear of your unSuccess... was wishing you a Win.... ah well. This wacky hobby sometimes disappoints.

What are you going to do to fix it now?

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #29 of 165
"What are you going to do to fix it now?"

I put the original (fully functional) 40GB hard drive back in, no problems there, and the replacement battery is doing a great job. Plus, to cheer myself up even more, I ordered an S:flo2.

No sign yet of my refund from the SSD supplier though
confused.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 165
Quote:

"What are you going to do to fix it now?"

I put the original (fully functional) 40GB hard drive back in, no problems there, and the replacement battery is doing a great job. Plus, to cheer myself up even more, I ordered an S:flo2.

No sign yet of my refund from the SSD supplier though
confused.gif

OH an s:flo2 eh? trust me.... YOU'LL be styling now. You're EARS will thank you. The s:flo2 murders the iHP-120/H140 to MY Ear...

ENJOY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back