IRiver E100 Reviews Thread (VIDEO LINK ADDED)
Mar 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #35 of 52
most players are good they just have better certain spots than others. my sony is my recorder - it does a very very good job of recording live from an external amp and mic setup or straight from radio etc.

i have used md in the past and dcc and dat and am reasonably happy with this (other than that it records in atrac and need ss to decode). it sounds that this iriver has some nice spec in it that may even be happy for me who has not been impressed with iriver in the past. i hope you who buy it enjoy it very well. cheers.

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #36 of 52
As a previous owner of the Clix2, I can also tell you that the SQ of the E100 is somewhat disappointing. It didn't have the same signature or quality.

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #37 of 52
Looks like iriver have a habit of making poor sounding budget mp3 players , the X20 sounded really bad as well, shame i like the design a lot. Firmware 1.03 fixes the lag mentioned in the abi review.

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like iriver have a habit of making poor sounding budget mp3 players , the X20 sounded really bad as well, shame i like the design a lot. Firmware 1.03 fixes the lag mentioned in the abi review.

Well iriver didn't make the X20, they got it from an OEM, it's essentially the same player as one of those Best Buy players, the Insignia NS-DV, just in a different shell, so I guess it makes sense it doesn't sound as good as your usual iriver player. I wonder if there's a similar situation with the e100.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ABi isn't too impressed with the player either, too bad, I thought this might be a nice one.

i guess iriver is trying to get a player to hit the low-end market. For a player packaged with such features, I think it is pretty nice. It'll be a perfect upgrade for previous X20 user.

May 9, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kappa_ii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E100 VS CLIX 2 ? WHO is better in SQ ?

Clix2 have better sound quality!

May 9, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #43 of 52
So it has a big screen? Hmm. That's cool.

Still can't beat my H120 though.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #44 of 52
I don't know. Playing around with an E100, I felt that it was a bit disappointing for an iRiver player. It does everything well, but doesn't really have any particular stand-out features or great design that most have come to expect from anything carrying an iRiver tag...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back