iQube Class D Portable Headphone Amplifier
Oct 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #76 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indra was there, see post #30.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you, hum..I should have some trial to find the best combo when I get it.

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #77 of 115
With the iQube Countdown Clock™ continuing its march at t-minus 11 Days 09 Hours 04 Minutes and counting, I'm discovering that Hans' little detail photos are beginning to have an insidious effect--more specifically, I'm finding that I'm becoming ever-so-slightly obsessed by those little iQube toggle switches:

detailaanuit.jpg

It's fascinating how mere glimpses of just the smallest of details can serve to provoke a visceral response...

Are we allowed to use the word fetish here???
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #81 of 115
Quote:

It's fascinating how mere glimpses of just the smallest of details can serve to provoke a visceral response...

Are we allowed to use the word fetish here???
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Lol! It's called: Seducing photography, or perhaps in your case: effective marketing haha
cool.gif

Are you attending the workshop at Hans btw? Too bad I can't make it
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #82 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol! It's called: Seducing photography, or perhaps in your case: effective marketing haha
cool.gif

Arrgh, he's at it again! After my incessant badgering following his holiday, Hans has finally sent me some shots of the iQube internals:

open.jpg

losseonderdelen2.jpg

losseonderdelen.jpg

Though he slyly added: "I will not yet post them on the iQube site because this is not the final PCB production version. That will only arrive next week."

So be careful what you wish for; my wallet is beginning to cry out in agony!
basshead.gif
eek.gif
basshead.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #85 of 115
Hans, that is a beautiful piece, congratulations! I am honestly not bothered by the yellow wire, all I care is how it sounds. I can't wait for you generous offer to allow me to listen to it. Thanks again.

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #86 of 115
Quote:

Aren't you waiting for a Diabolo too? Surely 11 Days 06 Hours 57 Minutes and change is a mere drop-in-the-proverbial-bucket!
wink.gif

Yes, I am also waiting for my Diablo. In fact, I am expecting the following :-

1. Diablo
2. Xin Reference
3. Xin Supermacro IV final update
4. Pico
5. iQube

This will be an interesting little show down. Let's see....

Honestly, I would expect the iQube to come in first, followed by Xin's amps (got an email that they are more or less ready to ship), then the Diablo, and then the Pico (excepting arrival in December 07).

A few months ago, I am getting rid of most of my portable amps (with the PRII the only one remaining). And now I am back to portables again. How funny.....

And yes, I do not take the LISA III XP / LLP as a portable. Its status on my rig is a "stationery home amp".

But honestly, this will most likely be my last round of portable shopping spree. Then, I will be expecting my WA5, HP-4, M902... and hopefully (if my kidney is there) an Eddie Current HD-2
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #87 of 115
Quote:

Arrgh, he's at it again! After my incessant badgering following his holiday, Hans has finally sent me some shots of the iQube internals:

open.jpg

losseonderdelen2.jpg

losseonderdelen.jpg

This is neat, tidy, and professional. If I recall, this is one of the very few portable amps with metal casing that incorporate a "proper battery compartment with a properly designed easy access door".

Stunning attention to details - this spells confidence and value for money. Well, if it sounds as good as it look (externally and internally), we will have a real killer / winner here - enough to shake the portable world
cool.gif

Great job - so far, Hans.

F. Lo

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #88 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I am also waiting for my Diablo. In fact, I am expecting the following :-

1. Diablo
2. Xin Reference
3. Xin Supermacro IV final update
4. Pico
5. iQube

This will be an interesting little show down. Let's see....

Honestly, I would expect the iQube to come in first, followed by Xin's amps (got an email that they are more or less ready to ship), then the Diablo, and then the Pico (excepting arrival in December 07).

F. Lo, what a list of portable amps! I'm so jealous
tongue.gif

I only miss one... The Voyager

Anyway I'm looking forward to hear your impressions

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #89 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgillo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
F. Lo, what a list of portable amps! I'm so jealous
tongue.gif

I only miss one... The Voyager

Anyway I'm looking forward to hear your impressions

I used to own a Graham Slee Solo MC with PSU and it was a very impressive amp. But since I have heard Graham's sound I am going to pass on the Voyager.

I do have high hopes for the iQube and feel excited to hear what Hans has in his sleeves
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back