iQube Class D Portable Headphone Amplifier
Oct 22, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #46 of 115
Well Nice to see that you all basically like the iQube. Thanks for all the nice comments. It made all the work worthwhile.

After getting this baby ready for the Dutch show, I was really up to some holidays at the Canary Islands and I will return coming saturday.
wink.gif

My kids had not seen much of me lately so I promised I would be there for them this week and we took of for the sun.

Some updates to some questions:

Sales price for international will be excluding VAT set @ 476US$.

Some pre-buy discounts and package deals will be available both for internet sales and Dutch retail. Webshop will open 1 november with details and pre buy will start as of the 4th and first shipping has been planned for 12 november. First batch will be 50 pieces, 20 for internet sales and 30 for Dutch retail.

I will do my best, as I told Rob and Miguel to get some samples down to you head fi people but first turn is the Dutch retail and the dutch press for the coming weeks.

I will be on-line sporadically this week but I will do my best to answer a lot of questions and I will ask Guido in a later stage if he will be available for technical explanations.

Rgds and have a lot of Head Fi fun in the meantime.

Hans.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #47 of 115
Hans,

Congratulations on the launch of iQube ! It looks classy and elegant. I sincerely hope it sounds the same as well.

I am sure you have been working intensively these days. You and your family deserve a vacation long overdue
smily_headphones1.gif

When you are back I am at all ears about your promotional pricing. How about some special promo package including your Mundorf cables as well ?

F. Lo

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #48 of 115
Thanx Hans for the update! Have a great time this week. I'm sure you and your family can use it after such a hectic period.
Enjoy the weather as well..the sun is quite gentle for us here, but it's cold.
Anyways, we'll hear from you later. Have a great time and enjoy the feeling of having launched a so far great looking new amp!
On a side note..do you happen to know when the new make-over Ultrasones will become available in Holland, Europe or America?

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #50 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sales price for international will be excluding VAT set @ 476US$.

That must be one heck of a good sounding amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

I know Hans makes great cables so I would only expect the best from him. At $476, it is one of the most expensive portables on the market without a DAC, probably only outpriced by the Lisa III.

It is a very nice looking amp. I look forward to hearing it (or hearing reviews, at the very least).

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #51 of 115
Quote:

I will do my best, as I told Rob and Miguel to get some samples down to you head fi people but

Hans, congratulations on your new venture. If I may speak for Rob (skylab) and myself, thanks. Look forward to listening to your amp. Best of luck.

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #52 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hans, congratulations on your new venture. If I may speak for Rob (skylab) and myself, thanks. Look forward to listening to your amp. Best of luck.

Well said Miguel! Really looking forward to hearing this interesting new amp.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #53 of 115
Ooooh...I wanna listen too!!!!

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #54 of 115
Congratulations Hans!!

Very sharp looking amp. Nice looking www site too. I'm looking forward to reading user impressions as more and more amps sell.

**edit**
Also... please try not to take product criticism personally. User impressions should (IMHO) be honest and reflect the viewpoint of the owner, be it good or bad. IMHO every amp maker and forum sponsor should see impression comments as a chance to improve their product.

Garrett
rs1smile.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #55 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's surprisingly quiet over on the ipa studio thread. I've been checking for info on the initial buy-in, but there's been no activity for a while...

Guess the focus over there is still on the Diablo, kind of a shame since at least a few folks have already heard the iQube this past weekend.

A special, one time promotion was announced at ipastudio. The deal also include a USB charging cable which is not normally included.

F. Lo

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #56 of 115
Love the look and hope it sounds as good as she looks, gonna make me rethink mobile case due to cable inputs?

Somehting that can't be overcome but I have grown used to the inputs on the volume side:-0

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #59 of 115
x2. Nice promotion website as well. But I think .... (Hans you know who)
smily_headphones1.gif
, will be a better model. I will visit you after your holidays for a good listening..

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #60 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the look and hope it sounds as good as she looks, gonna make me rethink mobile case due to cable inputs?

Somehting that can't be overcome but I have grown used to the inputs on the volume side:-0

That's something that I'm trying to get my head around as well, and also why I look forward to Hans posting shots with the iQube connected to an LOD once he returns from holiday.

But as long as the iQube sounds fab, I don't see the rear inputs as being much of dealbreaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back