iQube Class D Portable Headphone Amplifier
Oct 23, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #61 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But as long as the iQube sounds fab, I don't see the rear inputs as being much of dealbreaker.

Dealbreaker? I think the rear inputs are some of this amp's greatest assets! In a portable configuration, it's ideal because the front of the amp has limited space anyway. I've always wished amp builders would put the inputs in the rear, as the cables always get in the way of the volume knob, no matter which side of the amp the knob is on (including center position).

My only concern is the price, as it will have to be one of the top 3 portable non-DAC amps on the market to compete.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #62 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dealbreaker? I think the rear inputs are some of this amp's greatest assets! In a portable configuration, it's ideal because the front of the amp has limited space anyway. I've always wished amp builders would put the inputs in the rear, as the cables always get in the way of the volume knob, no matter which side of the amp the knob is on (including center position).

Good point, Phil, hadn't thought of it that way.
smily_headphones1.gif

I really looking forward to putting the iQube's euro-ergonomics to the test. I know what you mean about the price; seems like it was just yesterday we were building double battery packs to get a little extra performance out of our Go-Vibes!
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #63 of 115
It ain't much if it ain't Dutch!

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #64 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think for a portable using a LOD, front jacks are more convenient. When using a bag, etc. the DAP controls are closer when the jacks are on top. With jacks on the rear of the amp the closest part of the DAP is the display.

Just my thoughts, and something I can live with if the SQ is anywhere near as appealing as the looks.

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #65 of 115
Well I have just returned from holidays and I have updated the website with some more information amongst other some pictures on the product page.

I think that you will find some interesting. Specially those who might consider to join the Ultrasone gang but have hesitated sofar will be enjoyed!
wink.gif

Nice to see all the great comments here, THANKS!

The VAD show was very succesful and I got first orders booked.

So now it is off being busy to get production running.......!

Hans.

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #66 of 115
Thank you, Hans, and welcome back. Those are indeed some very nice packages. The i-Qube (besides the Graham Slee Voyager and the XINs) is definitely the most interesting up-coming portable Amp without a DAC. I am looking forward to the first user impressions regarding the i-Qube.

[Edit] As I am already here: When can we actually expect your new Silver/Gold wire LODs to hit the shelves?

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #67 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[Edit] As I am already here: When can we actually expect your new Silver/Gold wire LODs to hit the shelves?

Well I am working on an update in the thread where I announced them in a couple of days, so hang on.

I can already supply them in very small quantity but since the feedback I got was so overwhelming (I even exchanged my own Goldcab with a new Mundorf wired one) I decided to go to manufactured wire immediately.
But this will delay bigger quantities and I am awaiting feedback from the wire company on a delivery date.

I will update the thread in a couple of days ok?

ps I now have one connected to my iQube for a couple of days and it is truly a perfect marriage .....

Hans.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #68 of 115
Welcome back Hans! Good to see you've already had your first orders. Looking forward reading impressions of these.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #69 of 115
Hey Hans,

Great to see that you're back, tanned, and well-rested (on second thought, perhaps less so, you were with your kidz!
eek.gif
)!

As the countdown clock is continuing apace, the iQube site is shaping up nicely, and with some great combo deals to boot! But when you said you added more pictures, I think we were hoping for just a bit more than:

output.jpg

and...

input.jpg

I mean, nice sockets and all, Hans, but for all we know it might as well be the same shot flipped upside down!
tongue.gif

So howzabout tossing us a few more crumbs here, I dunno, maybe a fetching shot of the entire back panel, a peek under the bonnet, the battery compartment, or even a piccy of the iQube connected up to one of your fine LODs, etc.?

Or maybe you're saving us a little treat for Halloween, you sly devil you!
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #70 of 115
Look at the arrows Dex! no flipping here
smily_headphones1.gif
And what about the nice Ultrasone shots?

Tomorrow I have planned the photoshoot for the internals and battery compartment. So be patient, I am working on it.
Building up the tension here......I mean. Haha.

Hey why dont you just order one and you can have all the looks and feel......
wink.gif

rgds hans

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #75 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think for a portable using a LOD, front jacks are more convenient. When using a bag, etc. the DAP controls are closer when the jacks are on top. With jacks on the rear of the amp the closest part of the DAP is the display.

Just my thoughts, and something I can live with if the SQ is anywhere near as appealing as the looks.

Ditto mogata, for desktop rear inputs work great for me but wen stuffing a po/amp into a small camera case everything through the top opening works best for me. With that said this amp has desktop potential for me, great looks, perfect size and as mentioned if this class d baby puts out killer SQ my wallets in trouble once again:-0

Hans, it really is a very good looking amp and by all photo's appears to be top shelf on that bild
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back