iPods and External DACs
Sep 9, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #32 of 44
Ok DrSheep, now I know what to use for my flac to m4a conversions, thanks. 16/48 it will be.

Why convert?  Just get the FLAC player and let it do the work, unless you need to save space.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #33 of 44
Because I will use an iPod classic with a PHA-1 in the future, and can't install a flac player there I guess. I have it rockboxed, but rockbox doesn't talk with the PHA-1, afaik. So need to go back to original fw.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #34 of 44
Because I will use an iPod classic with a PHA-1 in the future, and can't install a flac player there I guess. I have it rockboxed, but rockbox doesn't talk with the PHA-1, afaik. So need to go back to original fw.
if you have an ipod touch or iphone there are many flac playing apps. I use flacplayer app.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #35 of 44
Ok, thanks...

But if I understand correctly the iPod will resample anything above 48khz/16bit to 48khz/16bit right?

So it has no use, imho, to feed flac players anything above that, so my guess is that i might as well resample any flacs that have higher frequencies and bit rates to appropriate alacs.

While i am at it anyway.

So i can fill my classic (with future PHA-1) and touch (with E01 or iBasso D-0) with the same files.

I guess.......

if you have an ipod touch or iphone there are many flac playing apps. I use flacplayer app.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #40 of 44
What on earth are you talking about? All MFI DAC/AMP works with any iDevice out of the box with 30 pin or Lightning cable.

Does this include the ipod Classic? I ask because it's not IOS.

Also, is this Apogee interface compatible with the Classic?

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/one-mac.php

Sorry to keep asking, but there aren't many choices out there, and I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks.

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #41 of 44
That I have no idea but classic should work.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #44 of 44
Well. I got my hands on a Fostex HP-P1 and i am looking for a short cable. Any recommendations would help.

Pretty great right here. :)
http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349&page=6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back