IPod vs Zune
Jul 25, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #94 of 147
As of now there are only 3 things that I want added to the zune.

Gapless
.ogg support
line out without external power

I still like my zune better than my friend's ipod 5.5g

It is just personal preference.

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #95 of 147
i like my 80gb ipod, good stuff w/my super.fis. Much smaller than a zune, i can fit it in my pocket. Great battery life, and amazing amounts of peripherals out there! Just watched chapelle show while docked on a plasma. Not too bad!!! Seriously, it sounds 'good enough' for me. I'm gonna listen to my home rig w/better phones if i want awesome sq anyways.

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #96 of 147
Good arguments from both sides guys!!!! Im still stuck in the middle on this one. Head-Fi makes it so hard to decide on anything! even Interconnects for god sakes!

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #98 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by captainbrendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like my 80gb ipod, good stuff w/my super.fis. Much smaller than a zune, i can fit it in my pocket. Great battery life, and amazing amounts of peripherals out there! Just watched chapelle show while docked on a plasma. Not too bad!!! Seriously, it sounds 'good enough' for me. I'm gonna listen to my home rig w/better phones if i want awesome sq anyways.

Yes, and you just cannot do that with a Zune
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #99 of 147
Love the zune for its rugged build, sound quality, and GUI. The biggest faults are it's weak volume output and battery life. I use the supplied headphones now because i'm sick of having to raise the volume up high to hear anything with my ksc75s, uncoincidentally my battery life was crap.

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #100 of 147
i own a 4g 30gb ipod currently, but i think i'll get a zune when my ipod goes.

When that time comes, i expect the zune to have gapless, larger storage capacity options, better battery life, and a line out feature. it'll probably be smaller too.

the 6g ipod will probably have bigger and better (or at least different) features though. its got way more time under its belt to fix down the UI and most other issues that the zune will probably just be correcting (as opposed to adding) in its second gen, don't underestimate MS though, they can be speedy when they have to be.

the quality of the headphone out is big to me though, as i don't want to carry an amp or pay hundreds for an imod. if the 6g ipod has as good/better headphone out, that could swing the decision.

i'll give you that rockbox is generally stable (i had no problems with it), but that's only good for the EQ options imo (as i don't use lossless), and RB kills the battery.

the durability of the zune is a definite plus, though, as you don't have to use/buy a case out of worry.

i've never used the zune software, but i do like itunes.

i vote ipod for right now, but i'm interested in seeing the 6g ipod vs. 2g zune matchup.

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #101 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, and you just cannot do that with a Zune
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

of course he can't do that since he is using his sister pants.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #102 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like minimalistic set ups. No fancy amps, interconnects, huge headphones, etc. Just a good sound right out of the headphone jack, and that's what the Zune does.

he has the devil in him, bannish him from the village!!!!

tongue.gif

perish the thought, refreshing to hear actually.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #105 of 147
If I had choose one, I'll personally go for the Ipod because it's probably the most moddable player there is.

I'll advise getting the Zune if you intend to go ampless. I've personally heard some variations of the Ipod (Photo Ipod; Ipod Nano) as well as the Zune and I think Microsoft's player wins in overall sound quality. Ipod's signature IMHO lacks some impact and is a bit of a bore to listen too.

The Zune isn't perfect (sq-wise) either but I think I'll be more happy with it than with an unmodded (nonRockboxed/non-Imoded) Ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back