IPod vs Zune
Aug 11, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #107 of 147
there should have be a "nither" or "other" option, both players are the same thing, a DRM infected pripetary player with propietary software and cabling, poor batter life (both run around 12-14 hours) and limited file support,

the only thing that tells them apart is screen size and estetics,

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #108 of 147
even? the ipod's kickin %&*!
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #109 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there should have be a "nither" or "other" option, both players are the same thing, a DRM infected pripetary player with propietary software and cabling, poor batter life (both run around 12-14 hours) and limited file support,

the only thing that tells them apart is screen size and estetics,

True.
blink.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #110 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there should have be a "nither" or "other" option

Well then it wouldn't be a very good iPod vs Zune thread, would it? This is a focused thread on two of the most popular and similar players. The original post shows this well

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #112 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's also unstable and quite a battery eater too. I don't need Rockbox, as I think MP3's at 320kbps sounds just as good as lossless.

i like the Zune interface better than the iPod/Creative one. I also am not a fan of the click wheel. I think it's extremely inaccurate.

for some, me included rockbox isnt ALL about lossless, plenty of other features, more fine control over sound control. more searchable database options and games when you are travelling etc etc

and the ipod can run linux too, so you can have apple os, rockbox and linux, for file management, stacks of cheesy, but very entertaning games.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #113 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the zune for its rugged build, sound quality, and GUI. The biggest faults are it's weak volume output and battery life. I use the supplied headphones now because i'm sick of having to raise the volume up high to hear anything with my ksc75s, uncoincidentally my battery life was crap.

You have a problem being satisfied with the volume on your Zune,with KSC75's??? I couldnt listen to KSC75's over number 10,and the Zune goes to 20!!! You seriously need to get your hearing checked if you feel KSC75's are not loud enough on the Zune!

I really believe some of you people listen to music WAY too loud!

I can drive any headphone i own to a level loud enough to listen to it.
My MB Quart 55X is the only headphone i have to turn up to drive,and theyre very hard to drive properly, but it is still listenable. With something as small as a Boosteroo,i can drive them fine at about number 13 on the Zune.

The KSC75 sound WAY better than the supplied headphones on the Zune. There is no contest.

blink.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #115 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at last - someone raised this point

x2

Aug 12, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #116 of 147
Well, the Ipod supports FLAC and lossless. Whereas the Zune does not.

I prefer using 320kbps .mp3 files on portable mp3 players myself. So then the comparison comes to the rest of the player in which I prefer the Zune at that time.

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #118 of 147
The Zune is much, much better than the iPod. The iPod has its huge stupid click wheel as the larges item on its face. The screen is the dominant feature with the Zune. Thats how it should be. I prefer the UI better on the Zune. Its so much easier to navigate. The one thing I will concede to the iPod is that there are so many more accessories for the iPod. Nevermind that most of them are either low quality or useless, but there sure are a lot of them. Anyways, I feel that the Zune provides for a better overall experience.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #119 of 147
i'm not sure which ipod you are referring to, but on the current generation the scrollwheel is notably smaller than the screen.

you won't conceded lossless, gapless, lineout, contacts, 80GB (with a warranty), UMS hard drive, OS independence, 640x480 tv out, more video codec support (native), rockbox, itunes store, games, clock, and podcasts?

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #120 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm not sure which ipod you are referring to, but on the current generation the scrollwheel is notably smaller than the screen.

you won't conceded lossless, gapless, lineout, contacts, 80GB (with a warranty), UMS hard drive, OS independence, 640x480 tv out, more video codec support (native), rockbox, itunes store, games, clock, and podcasts?

You missed this
Quote:

The iPod has its huge stupid click wheel as the larges item on its face. The screen is the dominant feature with the Zune. Thats how it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back