Ipod users vs non-ipod users: How many people do you see everyday with ipods?
Feb 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

Bassheadd

100+ Head-Fier
Majority of ipods users bought them cause its what everyone else including Aunt Welmas dog has. In fact you'd be surprised how many think ipod is the only MP3 player out there.
rolleyes.gif

I say about 99/100 people I see with MP3 players are using ipods. Out of the 99 people, maybe 5 using a REAL pair of headphones/earbuds and not the apple garbage. Do these people not realize that apple earbuds are dollar store garbage? Whats the point wasting $200-$300 on a DAP and run it with disposable earbuds? Its like buying a good car but running it on crappy $50 tires.

I havent had an ipod in years and so many people are shocked when they see me with something else, something MUCH BETTER!

"What you mean Apple isnt the only brand DAP?"

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 85
Boring point made by yet another iPod agnostic, I've lost count how many times I seen a similar thread here on Head-Fi - Obviously these people aren't Head-Fier's, enough said on the subject.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #5 of 85
I have a modded 5th gen iPod that's Rockboxed and sometimes use it with a portable amp. Don't use stock phones either. Oh, I purposely bought it used to concoct a very nice sounding, portable rig. Maybe not everyone you see is using a stock iPod? Perhaps generalizations, in general, suck?

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 85
Well, at least it's a new member with a fresh idea for a thread,.............
stupid.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassheadd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Majority of ipods users bought them cause its what everyone else including Aunt Welmas dog has.

Source of this statement please!

I myself do not see many iPods daily. Most seems to have an iPhone 3G...

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #9 of 85
Very subjective.

In my daily travels, I see more people with smartphones that they use as music players. A lot of iPhones, but some Blackberrys and other devices mixed in as well. Maybe the demographics are different, in my case.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 85
I've got my trusty Rockbox'd Cowon X5L, and it's one of the few pieces of electronics I wouldn't upgrade if I had the chance. I've never understood the appeal of a locked-down, feature-poor, user-unfriendly device like an iPod or an iPhone.

And I will never, ever begin using my phone as my primary portable music player. I want my phone to be good at calling and my music player to be good at playing music, not an iPhone that does neither well.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #12 of 85
Lots of iPhones or iPods on my daily commute, but hey I use one, for now. I'll be converting to iRiver this summer.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #14 of 85
The C-NET August 2005 Editors' Choice Award-winning Sony NW-HD5 Network Walkman (see both of these links http://cnettv.cnet.com/?type=externa...&value=6246627 and Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV), complete with both an RM-MC40ELK inline LCD remote, and a pair of cling-wrap modded (for more bass and increased isolation, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...thread-193464/) MDR-EX90SL N.U.D.E EX IEM's (one of three of these models I own of each). As for the buds (MDR-E0931LP buds) that come with them, I don't even bother to break them out, even though the fine folks at C-NET used only them in their tests, as everyone knows that aftermarket head/ear/canal-phones sound much better than the supplied ones ever will.

As for noise canceling earphones, I use the Japan-only (available on eBay) Sony MDR-NC300D N.U.D.E EX noise canceling IEM's. They are only 16 ohms and cancel up to a whopping 98% of most noise, that on top of the unsurpassed passive noise-isolating power that only IEM's are capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back