iPod Touch
Sep 17, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #61 of 68
I do not like the sound out of the Touch. To me the new nano and Classic sound better. It's one of those things you have to hear for yourself. I listened to a new one installed at the apple store and one which was there for a little while. They sounded different maybe from burnin but neither sounded that great.

Sep 17, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #62 of 68
Good to know people are impressed with the headphone out but I'm crossing fingers Apple fixes the bad lemon screens before shipping out preorders.

Just trying to be optimistic as I've already paid for one.
confused.gif

Ian:
were you listening to it with the stock buds?

Sep 17, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #63 of 68
well,

I'm still doubting wether to purchase an ipod touch or not.
so now it seems that there's a Wolfson DAC in there after all. So the problems that are there with the classics shouldn't be in the touch.

17-1.jpg

The post above states that the SQ isn't that good. So now I'm very doubtfull.
Some ppl even state thet the 5.5G ipods had better SQ. And I HATED the sound of those bricks!!

greetz

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #64 of 68
Seems pretty easy to say this should sound more like the 5.5g iPod. I actually believe this will be iModded (What else is Vinnie planning to do to appease his tweak instinct?). So if you don't like the sound quality of the old iPod and don't plan on shelling out some more dough for a mod possibly in the future, don't buy. There are plenty of devices that can do almost everything the touch can. Plenty of smart phones have the same or more capability.

The Sony PSP also has wifi, internet browser, supports any format music with codecs, movies, and does much more like games, many emulators, streaming shoutcast radio, tv out, Universal Remote via iR (old style only natively), Remote administration via VNC, and much more due to homebrew. It only misses touchscreen support, but at least you can use a real keyboard via infrared. I would personally buy this and a few 4gb sticks for the same price.

The PSP only goes up to 8gbs on one stick though, but at least its battery and memory are replaceable. The sound quality is not the best, but I would put it barely lower then the old 5.5g iPod myself.

Sep 17, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ian:
were you listening to it with the stock buds?

I listened using as many headphones as I could in the apple store and my er6is.

Sep 23, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #66 of 68
I got my touch in last week. I think it sounds pretty good. It matches up very well with portapros or ksc75. I am not using an amp and I think the sound is very good. The classic is a bit better but the more I listen to the touch the better it sounds. Is it possible this type of DAP would improve with burn in?

Anyway its a great piece of gear. Movies look very good despite the review. I watched a bit of Rattle and Hum (filmed almost entirely in B&W) and it is fine and the wi fi is much better than my palm TX. What is very cool about it is you can listen to music and navigate flawlessly thru the other options- pics, internet, calendar, contacts. I do home they open up some other 3rd party SW options though.

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #67 of 68
daps improve with time as well because you have time to get acquainted with their sound. for a long time i could not adapt to hd based daps but when i did, i started to dislike the sound of the very low s/n of md players which i did at first much prefer.

sound quality is completely different for human ears which seem to prefer greater distortion and a lower s/n ratio.

Sep 24, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #68 of 68
I have a 30 gig 5.5G ipod right now with roughly 13 gigs of music on it (and 7 gigs of video, most of which I don't watch - just too lazy to delete). Would it make sense to sell it and get a 16 gig Touch? I like the way it's easier to find songs with the touchscreen, I like the bigger screen for videos and I like the wifi (my campus is covered in it). Also, how's the battery life with the wifi? Like, listening to music and browsing-the-internet type thing...

Ahhhhhhhhh I wish it was 32 gigs, I'd probably get one right away - my wallet wouldn't be as excited though
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back