iPod Touch sound quality
Jul 2, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #46 of 52
Gotcha, so Touch and Sflo2 LO are a push for you but obviously the UI and product polish push the Apple over.  Makes sense.  Good to hear you say the LO on the Fuze is crap, I'll save the money and just use my Sflo in my car then.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #47 of 52
It's not crap, but it doesn't compare very well. You can get the one with caps and it is quite good, but you do have to get the right LOD to actually get good performance from the LO. I am borrowing two from CLIeOS and one is good and one isn't good, especially when under pressure. Both are better in some ways than the X5 Line out and in some ways than my Sony A845 line out. 

Overall though, the S:Flo and iPod line out walk all over the Fuze. 

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #48 of 52
Just listening to my new ipod touch 3rd gen the sound quality is not bad at all...i tried  all the eq settings and the acoustic one suits my ears fine ..its quite big though!! but its the other things it can do that i like, you can also delete songs and create on the go playlsts...

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #49 of 52
This thread is about ITouch sound quality. In this respect, I would rate its headphone output far lower than my Cowon S9, somewhat worse than my sisters Creative Zen V Plus, and just a little better than the headphone output on my brothers Motorola RAZR. To the above ^ my sisters Zen can do the same thing, including custom EQs... and it came out in 2006. 

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #51 of 52
iphone and itouch of same generation are the same thing.  The iphone is an ipod touch w/ phone capability....sometimes.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #52 of 52
Actually it depends what model of iPhone and iPod Touch you're speaking of. I think the iPhone 3G and iTouch 2G share the same Wolfson chip, with the iPhone 3GS and iTouch 3G sharing the same Cirrus chip. Presumably the iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G will each share the same Cirrus chip too (which iirc is slightly different to that of the iPhone 3GS and iTouch 3G). I could be wrong, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back