iPod touch selling like hotcakes
Oct 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #31 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The #1 thing that makes the iphone and itouch touch screen interface not just a rehash of everyone else's touch screen: multitouch. It's easy to dismiss it until you use it.

Aside from photo pinch-n-zoom, how does the Touch or iPhone use multi-touch?

Oct 5, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #33 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They think it looks cool.

I can understand people not liking the Ipod Touch for whatever reason (form, function, brand etc), but when they come on threads that praise the device and slag off everyone that likes/owns it, then it becomes a form of trolling.

Oct 5, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #34 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Larson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from photo pinch-n-zoom, how does the Touch or iPhone use multi-touch?

Just wait till the thing is hacked. It'll turn into one of the best devices on the planet.

The iPod classic is laggy, the coverflow looks like **** and bunches albums by artist, so you get a million of the same album, for compilation albums... coool... I think not.

Its the best interface, currently available. I get wifi at work, Uni and at home, so.... Internet access pretty much everywhere.

Its a cool gadget, who gives a **** on its flaws....

Guessing all these £300 amps and **** have a purpose too... Nope... If you don't like it, tough ****.

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #35 of 115
In response to the bulk on the Archos 604, it is significantly bulkier and heavier than the Touch, but, even with the extra weight I've put on in the last couple of months, I can comfortably carry it it my jeans pockets.

Oct 5, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #36 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiG™ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wait till the thing is hacked. It'll turn into one of the best devices on the planet.

You're not making that argument seriously, right? You know how Apple is about hacking the iPhone and iPod touch, right?

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #37 of 115
I think the touch is pretty sweet in person, I would have kept mine, but mine had a bad screen
frown.gif
I don't really think it's selling that fast (400 for a 16 gig is pretty high), I just think there is alot more stock of the classic- nano. My BB only got 4 touches. I will proably try another one when my Bb gets some more in.

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #38 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really think it's selling that fast (400 for a 16 gig is pretty high)...

For what it's worth I was in three Apple stores today. Two were sold out of all Touches and one had a single 16GB and a few 8GBs.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #39 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picasa and Mobile Opera are much better than Mobile Safari.

How so OX (regarding Mobile Opera)? I've considered using mobile opera on my Palm T|X because the built-in browser (can't recall the name) is crap.

I really love safari on my iPhone--coupled with the iPhone UI, it slays the t|x default browsing. My only gripe is it doesn't (yet) support flash.

So, I'm curious as to what I would gain by taking the effort of installing mini opera on my T|X.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #40 of 115
It's not just that the screen is multitouch, it's that it's just so damn smart. I've used other touch screen devices and most of them needed a stylus because you need pinpoint accuracy, you have to be exactly inside the "button" or whatever your clicking on to work. Other hand operated touch screen devices I've used either had a wide open gui so you have large buttons to fit your fingers, or they just had smaller buttons but are a pain to use because of all the missed button presses.

The screen on the touch however knows what your clicking on, you can be in a list of small font links, and tap your finger over your selection, usually you're still making contact with the link above and the link below, but it still picks the one you're tapping on directly ignoring the ones that you are partially touching. On any other touch screen device I've used this just doesn't happen, it's just a frustration of wrong clicks. This is one of the number one factors of why this device is just so easy to use and why the interface is such a hit.
This coupled with the ease of the pinch zoom is why to me, safari on this is the best mobile browser. Sure there are other browsers with more function, but this one has way more usability.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #41 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How so OX (regarding Mobile Opera)? I've considered using mobile opera on my Palm T|X because the built-in browser (can't recall the name) is crap.

I really love safari on my iPhone--coupled with the iPhone UI, it slays the t|x default browsing. My only gripe is it doesn't (yet) support flash.

So, I'm curious as to what I would gain by taking the effort of installing mini opera on my T|X.

Try them. I'm pretty sure they both have trial periods.

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #43 of 115
I must say, I'm very impressed by my Touch's sound quality. It's very clean. The bass is nice and warm.
Probably one of the better sounding DAP's I've used, along with my Zune.

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #44 of 115
Is it possible for someone to hack Ipod touch and make it compatible with loseless audio (flac/wave/ape)?

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #45 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible for someone to hack Ipod touch and make it compatible with loseless audio (flac/wave/ape)?

No hacking required, it works with alac and wave out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back