iPod Touch or Classic?
Feb 16, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #47 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 160 is better bang for buck per gb no?

Yes but you don't count just gb no? The ipod touch obviously uses expensive flash while the classic uses cheap spinny hard drives. The classics were really slow and buggy when I got it but now it runs perfectly fine.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #49 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes but you don't count just gb no? The ipod touch obviously uses expensive flash while the classic uses cheap spinny hard drives. The classics were really slow and buggy when I got it but now it runs perfectly fine.

My comment was in context of the comment before it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOUGHN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for me ipod classic 80gb.. bang for the buck....

Per GB the 160 is better value than the 80GB. Thats all. Though for the price of a 160GB I could get a Sony A8xx and a 80GB.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuge(original) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you simply ask me .I didn't like the ipod touch at all ,because its not that responsive IMO .Still people love it .I-pod classic is much better to handle .

I actually found the touch easier and more responsive to use than the classic. Though I haven't tried a classic with the latest firmware. With both though I'd have to get the FM remote to make it usable in the pocket.

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #51 of 74
Quote:

With both though I'd have to get the FM remote to make it usable in the pocket.

I don't think the touch works with the FM remote though... the classic can easily be used in pocket though
cool.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #52 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the touch works with the FM remote though... the classic can easily be used in pocket though
cool.gif

The Apple store says it works with every iPod other than the Shuffle. But after reading you comment I checked online and various forums say it doesn't. Pity.

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #53 of 74
I had to choose between the iPod Touch and the iPod Classic (16GB vs 80GB)
I chose the Classic because I don't really travel a lot, and there isn't much wi-fi areas here in Israel :p Not to mention the extra 64gigs
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, today my friend bought the Touch and at first I was very excited. But at the end, the extra gigs really make the difference although I don't absolutely need all the 80gigs, I'd rather my iPod to be a "music archive" than a "music-player-with-current-music" :p

Feb 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #54 of 74
The FM remote does work with the Touch - but only to control the volume - no other functions sadly. If Apple was to release a firmware update which enabled full functionality with the remote - once Jailbroken, I would definitely upgrade.

BTW - the sound quality on the Touch is great through my Triple.Fi's and Shure 500's but not so good through the ER4P's.

Feb 18, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #56 of 74
Quote:

Its a pity about the remote. While I like the touch interface, I personally find buttons are better for where I use my portables. In the office and commuting.

thats what help me decide, while the touch is really cool its kind of just a novelty i can imagine wearing off, while the 160gb classic, is what i want and need in a DAP (great battery life and huge capacity)

Feb 18, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #57 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlEnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats what help me decide, while the touch is really cool its kind of just a novelty i can imagine wearing off, while the 160gb classic, is what i want and need in a DAP (great battery life and huge capacity)

it is really too bad that it needs itunes

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #58 of 74
I bought the 8gb touch thinking I wasn't going to keep it and would take it back within 30days. Well i did take it back the next day, to get the 16gb touch! It's such an amazing device, it's completely blown me away just like how the first ipod wheel blew the entire market away. It's easy to use and has so much technology behind it, I feel like it would have been worth my money if I paid $500 for it. At first I was a bit concerned about only having 16gb of storage, but then I thought hard about it and realized I don't need 80gb of harddrive space. It doesn't bother me that I can't fit every single album I own on it. Rather, because it's so easy to use I sync it daily. I listen to a lot more NEW music than I did before, where on my iaudio x5 I would just have my 30 gigs of year-old albums on permanent shuffle. As for the SQ, coming from the iaudio I am not disappointed.

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #60 of 74
i restored it back to original firmware and got rid of the jailbreak even though i used it multiple times per day for dictionary, thesauras, ebooks etc. i am waiting for the sdk and proper better made applications.

this touch honestly is the best portable i have used. some rockbox developers are looking at jailbreak and seeing if it can be added as an application to the touch. this year will bring quite a new face to pmp with the sdk design.

i have an idea that i may buy a few applications: specifically if they get a line in professional recording application to work for this... how excited i will be! I can imagine recording for 7 hours or so in full pcm - no more laptop line recordings unless i am mixing for a friend... but even then with the right hardware mixers ... the touch could be amazing. i cannot wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back