ipod touch is good..
Dec 15, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #18 of 50
I got an iPod touch as a gift, and though the warranty was probably voided immediately, the ability to use it basically as a fully functional PDA with wifi is pretty golden to me. Regarding SQ -- there's a lot of noise coming off of that jack using my q-Jays -- a P/S adapter cleans that up nicely without adversely affecting anything else that I have noticed. The SQ is nothing to write home about, though I have not side-by-sided it with anything to be fair.

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a headphone issue, not an ipod issue.

Even with a better set of headphones than the standard earbuds (e.g. PX100, ER4, ER6, Shure, etc. amped and unamped), I cannot listen to an iPod for more than about 30-40 minutes at a time without getting a headache. Other players I own allow me to listen in comfort for hours on end. I can't really put my finger on the problem, but there is something definitely lacking.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #20 of 50
8gb for like $300? rip off. and just so you can "touch" your ipod.

nahhh

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What have you compared it to?

That's the beauty of something like this. You don't compare it to anything and it sounds pretty good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8gb for like $300? rip off. and just so you can "touch" your ipod.

nahhh

people always seem to think storage capacity and price are directly proportional. "You're paying like $30 a GB? What!". I thought it was too expensive (up to $80 off if you're smart about it) until I "touched" one myself. Once you jailbreak it, it's worth that price. I mean you can even remotely control your computer with this thing!

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #23 of 50
I love my touch as well, sound really great (thru Line-out), I just wish it had more storage space. Like 100gb more...oh wait, that's a Classic.

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #24 of 50
Yeah, I like my 16GB solid-state diyMod iPod Mini with 26+ hour battery for under $100
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still looking to get an iPod Touch, but it has nothing to do with storage space or the stupid "cool" factor, I just like that it has internet browsing and "GPS-like" ability in something that small. Can't wait to get my hands on one and mod that sucker.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #25 of 50
yeah, id love to hear about modding for the touch though it is still one of my favourite players for overall sq.

the tinny distant sound too much be earphones. if distant you mean excellent soundstage, then yeah, it does have one and well, that sucks eh?

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #26 of 50
Guys, I'm EXTREME anti apple fanboy (i'm not only headphone but pc geek as well, and you all know what apple does with computers
biggrin.gif
) but i like my Ipod 5g. Sound quality isn't that good, but i can live with it. I'm about to buy an Ipod Touch 32gb, and i was wondering if anyone could tell mi sound quality compared to ipod 5g.

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, I'm EXTREME anti apple fanboy (i'm not only headphone but pc geek as well, and you all know what apple does with computers
biggrin.gif
) but i like my Ipod 5g. Sound quality isn't that good, but i can live with it. I'm about to buy an Ipod Touch 32gb, and i was wondering if anyone could tell mi sound quality compared to ipod 5g.

Uhm... let me see, apple has better interface, faster runtimes, no viruses, what were you saying about computers again?

iPod touch uses the same DAC as iPod 5G, so unless you believe in fantasies, they should sound exactly the same.

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 50
ive not spent much time with 5g ipod lod and amp but the headphone out of that was a dramatic relief for me after the murkey waters i have travelled through to get here.

my touch is now def my favourite for sound (just a little hiss).

but, for an extreme anti-apple fanboy, why just not get a different company. it is not worth its trouble for you who would probably be more easily negatively sensed by the player. why not get a zune or creative or something that is better made for i assume windows as when people usually say they are extremem apple computer anti-fanboys, they are windows fanboys.

finally, asking sq is liking asking what is the best beer. you will get so many different answers as peopel prefer different sounds. ipod has in general been looked down on by many 'audiophiles' here as it doesn't have a 'beefy' sound - you know, you can still hear other sound than just the bass.

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #29 of 50
Yes the touch is clean sounding, through line-out and/or headphone out I think it is clean enough for most of the headphones there to be the weakest link (speaking of THD etc...)...

So if you do not like the sound of your touch you should try this (in this order please) :

- change your headphones to some you like more
- get an amp
- change your player
- do not go portable
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back