ipod touch is good..
Dec 13, 2007 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

juntom10

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Posts
138
Likes
15
before ipod touch came out, i didn't like ipod..

but after i see the ipod touch, i like and bought one..

it is awesome..sound is good..design is good, etc

and i'm using A8 with ipod touch..

sounds great!
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 50

shigzeo

The Hiss King
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Posts
12,931
Likes
1,062
i use m5 (similar) with the ipod touch. wonderful combo. very good pmp, very good audio player as well. i have heard that some people had trouble with sound but i have been one of the many fortunates who find it a wonderful player all around.
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 50

juntom10

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Posts
138
Likes
15
yeah..i heard lots of bad things about ipod's sound quality..but i don't understand that why they were thinking like that.. I think Ipod touch's sound quality is really nice..
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 50

Cry Havoc

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Posts
399
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by juntom10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah..i heard lots of bad things about ipod's sound quality..but i don't understand that why they were thinking like that.. I think Ipod touch's sound quality is really nice..


What have you compared it to?
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 50

wquiles

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Posts
727
Likes
32
I have a 2nd gen 8GB Nano, and had the iTouch 16GB for about a week before returning it for a full refund.

I am a newbe here, so I might not yet be using the right "lingo" properly, but the SQ was similar to my ears with my UE 5 Pro's - they both hiss too much at idle. The other reason I returned the iTouch was that the screen was actually too small for long usage - I would get eye strain from reading the small screen, or after watching a complete movie in the plane. Also, for just listening to music, the iTouch is just plain heavy. Even though I loved the user interface, you can't just use the controls without having to look and touch exactly in the right place - something that is trivial with a device with real/tactile buttons.

For me the iTouch did a couple of things well, but nothing "great" enough for me to keep it. I am now looking for another player that has little no hiss, maybe from other brands besides Apple ...

Will
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 50

shigzeo

The Hiss King
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Posts
12,931
Likes
1,062
well, if i were to spend endless hours looking at internet for instance, a portable would be the last thing i go for. however, for brief study or map etc, the touch is wonderful. as for the hiss, all daps hiss if you have a sensitive iem. have you tried any other daps? i found that among almost all i have tried (about 30 types), the ipod's hiss is among the quieter daps. my cowon d2 hisses only slightly less but all iriver models i have tried (2006 and prior) hiss like mad with um2 and my meizu is like the wind - a gale.

i am somewhat upset at designers who make iems with absolute sensitivity so that they hiss even when using amps designed for portable use like the supermicro and tomahawk. um2 and superfi are just... frustrating even though they sound good. sorry about your discovery mate.
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 50

OptionTrader

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Posts
425
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though I loved the user interface, you can't just use the controls without having to look and touch exactly in the right place - something that is trivial with a device with real/tactile buttons.


That's the same thing that bugs me about the iPhone as well. So, no iTouch for me either...
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 50

maclion

Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Posts
57
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by juntom10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
before ipod touch came out, i didn't like ipod..

but after i see the ipod touch, i like and bought one..

it is awesome..sound is good..design is good, etc

and i'm using A8 with ipod touch..

sounds great!



I have exactly same thinking
biggrin.gif
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 50

Cry Havoc

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Posts
399
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, if i were to spend endless hours looking at internet for instance, a portable would be the last thing i go for. however, for brief study or map etc, the touch is wonderful. as for the hiss, all daps hiss if you have a sensitive iem. have you tried any other daps? i found that among almost all i have tried (about 30 types), the ipod's hiss is among the quieter daps. my cowon d2 hisses only slightly less but all iriver models i have tried (2006 and prior) hiss like mad with um2 and my meizu is like the wind - a gale.


All iPods I've listened to have a very tinny, distant sound. I can't even really enjoy music from them anymore unless they are amped. You pay a premium for that iconic logo.
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 50

Dyoel182

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Posts
171
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All iPods I've listened to have a very tinny, distant sound. I can't even really enjoy music from them anymore unless they are amped. You pay a premium for that iconic logo.


Sounds like a headphone issue, not an ipod issue.
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #12 of 50

Sherwood

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Posts
4,026
Likes
99
Location
Chisinau, Moldova
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You pay a premium for that iconic logo.


There was a time when the iPod was one among many where I would have agreed with you, but I don't think you can fairly claim that any player line that provides a wifi-enabled touch screen player, a phone/player, and a 160 gig model are all about the logo. Like the sound or not, Apple is no longer a product people buy only for the name.

If I'm looking for these features and I'm smart enough to avoid anything made by Archos (never again), options are either severely limited or esoteric.
 
Dec 13, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 50

wsilvio

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Posts
715
Likes
21
I just bought a touch out of curiosity. I have an Imod and custom iems, so I didn't really buy the touch for sound quality. That being said, I don't think the touch sounds that bad. Obviously it's not an imod, but as an ultra portable and lots of useable features, I am really enjoying it. Video looks good, the interface is exceptional and the wifi works really well.

Also, I have recently purchased a pair of audio-technica ath-esw9's and find they sound great unampped out the touch.
 
Dec 14, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 50

atx

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Posts
915
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All iPods I've listened to have a very tinny, distant sound. I can't even really enjoy music from them anymore unless they are amped. You pay a premium for that iconic logo.


you don't get better sound by amping a crappy source. crap in = crap out. maybe you just like crap that sounds louder.
biggrin.gif


I bought the ipod touch for the widescreen videos and component output, not the audio or iconic logo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top