iPod nano released
Sep 7, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #91 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
the black one would go well with my black sr71 and ue spuer.fi pro.

*g* I say Xin should make a version of the supermini that matching the size of the Nano so you can just tape them together forming a flush little brick.
icon10.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #92 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
variable line out? what does it mean? what does it MEAnnnnnn!!!????

Man, I don't like the sound of that. Most line-outs have fixed levels. If it's really variable, it may just be the headphone out routed to the dock connector.

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #95 of 265
Hey Blessingx, howse about starting a poll to see how many of us ordered the nano today, what size, color, whether some plan to get one later, etc.?

You're our "go-to" guy for all this stuff, so we're looking to you, fella!
icon10.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #98 of 265
TheSloth, have you heard anything about Firewire or are you assuming as it's Apples baby? I hope you're right, that's my only outstanding issue.

And Spad, poll is up. Not sure if it has all you wanted. Should have broke the future order colors out more, but anyway it's there.

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #99 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
It certainly has full firewire support, as per tech specs, but as with other iPods, the firewire cable is no longer included in favour of USB 2. The AC adapter also now uses a USB cable.

Umm... no, you made that up. If you look on the official Apple specs page and follow the "iPod Nano" column down the the "Connectivity" row it says "USB through Dock connector"

The iPod and iPod U2 have Firewire written in the "Connectivity" row. The iPod shuffle does not have Firewire support written in the "Connectivity" row.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #100 of 265
Bleh not my thing, hate it how Apple use the same old design over and over again, it was quite plain to begin with, however i guess it works well for them and the millions of customers they have.

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #101 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by false
Umm... no, you made that up. If you look on the official Apple specs page and follow the "iPod Nano" column down the the "Connectivity" row it says "USB through Dock connector"

The iPod and iPod U2 have Firewire written in the "Connectivity" row. The iPod shuffle does not have Firewire support written in the "Connectivity" row.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

Well that was dealt with earlier in the thread (and debated elsewhere on other sites). It may or may not have full Firewire support (see power on same page).

Sep 7, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #102 of 265
Doh! The specs page does contradict it's self. Looks like we have a mystery on our hands here.

Sep 7, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #103 of 265
I ordered mine within the first five minutes of the store making it available -- for overnight delivery -- and it will ship sometime before the 12th!

Ooo I love the look of this thing -- really, I do! I think it will be an absolute MONSTER hit!!!

Also Walter Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal absolutely loves it too -- says he is totally "smitten" by it.

Trust me it will sell like hotcakes!

I hope it ships soon!

Sep 7, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #104 of 265
variable line out.. did we get an answer on that one? what is it?

so if it sounds like all other ipods what does that mean. It sounds like the shuffle = good. Sounds like the color ipod.. no so good.

I am guessing the shuffle. They knew that had a good thing so why not bring it over to the nano.

I just wonder if I order it now and then a month from now I get email from ecost or buy.com selling the 4 gig version for $215. I will be like damn I should have waited.

Sep 7, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #105 of 265
Weren't several analysts saying Apples market saturation would have to decrease?
wink.gif

Anway this is getting a much better response on Head-Fi than when the iPod mini or shuffle when originally announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back