iPod nano released
Sep 8, 2005 at 8:33 AM Post #151 of 265
Don't know, but they made no reference to the Shuffles sound in the review, so maybe not.

Sep 8, 2005 at 8:40 AM Post #152 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilounge
[The shuffle] also sounds great - just like a full-sized iPod. We did a comparison and could discern no difference between the sound of a $599 iPod photo and the $99 iPod shuffle...

Seems promising.

Sep 8, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #154 of 265
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in. What a coup for Apple, I see a black Nano in *my* future!

Sep 8, 2005 at 10:46 AM Post #155 of 265
Creative have made a slimmer flash player - only 1gb though and no fancy scroll wheel or colour screen. I dont like Apple as a company and i wont be buying this but the 2gb is good value , not so sure about the 4gb though as you can get cheaper 6gb players. ( i dont care about hdd vs flash memory)

Sep 8, 2005 at 11:22 AM Post #159 of 265
The Zen Micro holds up fine as long as it isnt sudden jolts (i.e. like a sudden hit to the ground). As long as its a continuous motion, its fine.

Sep 8, 2005 at 11:36 AM Post #160 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic
yeah on the armband pic the headphone port is on the bottom, thats pretty lousy, most people aren't going to use it with a lanyard.

come to taiwan... everyone wears their electronics around their neck, cell phones, mp3 players, any gadget you can think of. I've seen a lot of cute girls with a laynard like the one pictured on the second page of the thread...

well, i think iPod won the game by creating something that is fully functional yet is so thin that you won't feel like you're carrying around a book in your pocket

I want one... too bad I'm a poor exchange student and I'm not allowed to get a job on my Visa

Sep 8, 2005 at 12:15 PM Post #162 of 265
Will i be possible to connect the Nano directly to a normal computer, if you were to use it to transport documents, or do you have to do that via a docking station??

Sep 8, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #163 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn7012
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0908/nano.htm

it seems nano is a flash memory based ipod, not a shuffle with LCD.

The WM8975 that it uses has an output capacitorless mode. Judging from the PCB, it looks like they're using that mode. That should mean that the Nano doesn't have the bass rolloff issues with low impedance headphones that the older iPods (but not the Shuffle) did.

Sep 8, 2005 at 12:44 PM Post #164 of 265
Sep 8, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #165 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido
Will i be possible to connect the Nano directly to a normal computer, if you were to use it to transport documents, or do you have to do that via a docking station??

Nano doesn't have a usb connector but a cable with apple connector in the other end usb in the other should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back