IPOD LOD Cables review: APureSound, Qables Silvercab pro, Whiplash Audio Elite SCSCag (30 Nov 09 Updated)
Nov 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of people do. The issue really is, what difference does it make as compared to a cheaper cable that costs less than 50 USD. Would the difference be that much more noticeable if there is one..

I got mine for 10$ brand new at a head-fi meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine for 10$ brand new at a head-fi meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

lol and it's now worth 90 usd?! haha...

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

lol and it's now worth 90 usd?! haha...

The person that sold it to me for the 10$ won it in a raffle, as whiplash provided raffle prizes... specifically gross.

It's interesting to see what others think of it, though. Personally I don't think much of inter connect's effects on audio yet, and I certainly can't hear anything with my crappy cmoy. I need to rebuild said cmoy anyway.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

The person that sold it to me for the 10$ won it in a raffle, as whiplash provided raffle prizes... specifically gross.

It's interesting to see what others think of it, though. Personally I don't think much of inter connect's effects on audio yet, and I certainly can't hear anything with my crappy cmoy. I need to rebuild said cmoy anyway.

lol o well. I'll just wait it out for now I suppose

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Yeah I think the thing I worry about is the cable quality and the chances are cos' it's portable, it'll get pushed around a fair bit especially since the cable sticks out like a sore thumb. And I kinda feel safer if all the plugs I see didn't look half done, e.g. glue sticking out etc, though it's not a big issue and I'll probably try the whiplash cable though I will wait till I fly back till I get it. It's just nicer to have peace of mind sometimes. lol.

thanks though and yeah. I'm still thinking whether I should upgrade from the iBasso cable and it's a bit annoying that I have to turn my phone to aeroplane mode. lol.

I suppose they will work fine unless you bend them over and over
tongue.gif

BTW, the Viablue connector is cool, I've compared my SCSCag Viablue LOD with my friend's SCSCag switchcraft LOD, mine has a bigger soundstage, better imaging as well as higher midrange density (both have same burn in time)

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by williamchc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose they will work fine unless you bend them over and over
tongue.gif

BTW, the Viablue connector is cool, I've compared my SCSCag Viablue LOD with my friend's SCSCag switchcraft LOD, mine has a bigger soundstage, better imaging as well as higher midrange density (both have same burn in time)

I should hopefully have my Whiplash Audio LOD w/ Viablue next week some time. Craig at Whiplash is awesome!

How much time do you have burned in on the LOD so far?

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 48
I don't know what bass people think they are going to get/miss with a cable. But this SCAg cable from Whiplash is blowing my mind the closer I get to 100 hours. I am listening to some really fine music that just sounds better. I was listening to Tubular Bells II and III and am very impressed with the detail. I have used both IEMs and HPs, UE Super 5 FI and Senn 590's with Headphile cable. The bass on the Cowboy Junkies 200 More Miles is very deep.

B
atsmile.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #24 of 48
Yeah, just give the SCSCag a week of burn in or so, and prepare to be afraid.

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #25 of 48
Mine should be here in the next day or so. Looking forward to trying it against my cheapie LODs.

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 48
Don't forget people that your headphones will make far more of a difference to the sound than a different LOD.

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget people that your headphones will make far more of a difference to the sound than a different LOD.

Not sure I buy that the sound changes this much going from lod to lod unless there's some actual logic in the lod.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Not sure I buy that the sound changes this much going from lod to lod unless there's some actual logic in the lod.

Could be the different plugs and different metals (same thing really) causing different distortion. I've owned cheap headphones adaptors that clearly introduced harshness, for example. My main point is though, the differences will be small compared to the differences between headphones. It wont be anything like what someone commented that they hope they don't lose bass buying one or another. Buying a LOD, IMO, is partly because it looks pretty, and to upgrade from the alternative, which is usually cheap rubbish. Most of what is being paid for is the extreme tedium of soldering relatively large wires onto tiny connector pins securely, which I've tried to do once and never want to try again.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #29 of 48
There's no doubt you will hear the biggest difference in sound with different amps or headphones.

Differences with the LOD is slight. To my ears the LOD does make a difference. My friend and I have done blind tests with LODs (Cryo Copper, SCSCag and silver DIY) and we both could tell the differences between all 3. Using the same song, amp & headphones.

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no doubt you will hear the biggest difference in sound with different amps or headphones.

Differences with the LOD is slight. To my ears the LOD does make a difference. My friend and I have done blind tests with LODs (Cryo Copper, SCSCag and silver DIY) and we both could tell the differences between all 3. Using the same song, amp & headphones.

So...if the diference is slightly, would you even so, recomend any of these 3 LOD?
I currently use one LOD bought from iBasso (CB03), but from what ive read in this thread im tempted to make an upgrade, (im thinking in the Elite SCSCag Viablue).
I will use iPod Touch 2G 32GB as a source, iBasso D4 as amp, and AT-ESW9.
I know its very subjective, but to someone who's starting to learn and understand this audioworld, will it be an efective upgrade?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back