Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #2,734 of 3,645
Check the previous page I posted all about it

If the sounds you mentioned come from the iPod itself I would recommend to revert to the original firmware, to see if that changes anything (hardware).
If, however, you hear the strange sounds through your earplugs/headset, you could also try the newest daily Rockbox build. The info for both steps is in the first post. Let us know if that solved anything!

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #2,735 of 3,645
  so i rockboxed my ipod about 2 months ago and around a month ago my ipod classic started to crash and make a buzzing noise sometimes and it has become more frequent and it has become worse. Now I have to wait for it to automaticaly shut down before I can use it again. Can someone explain to me about what it wrong and what I can do to fix it? Thanks for your help in advance

I had the same exact thing happen to my ipod classic after about 3 weeks of using rockbox. It became pretty useless this past weekend and I decided to revert it back to the original ipod software.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #2,736 of 3,645
Check the previous page I posted all about it

Best advice I can give is get a cheap and used 30 or 60 gig iPod 5.5G (the 1st video version) the last and best Wolfson DAC. A sturdy stable port after 1 year mine has never crashed and it sounds amazing. If you need to add memory go to the iPod mod thread.  I don't bother I just switch it out when I get tired of whats on.  

Reading crash after crash has convinced me that life with a 5.5 is very good.

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #2,737 of 3,645
I personally haven't had any issues with my iPod classic 120GB. I think it's the 1st generation of the classic models. Been using Rockbox for a few months now. Only once did it sort of freeze. And I'm using the daily builds and have updated regularly.

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #2,738 of 3,645
Hi, this is my very post on Head-Fi after lurking around the forums for sometime.

Last night, after much trepidation and crossing of fingers I successfully installed Rockbox on my 120GB classic with the Tarkan iFlash and CF to SD card adapter bundle coupled with a class 10 128GB SDXC card. Transfer speeds are good, but not had time yet to compare with my Rockboxed 5g video. Only one glitch to report so far; when scrolling the volume up the player emitted a loud electronic tone and then froze, a quick reset rectified this. 
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #2,741 of 3,645
  So just so I'm reading the details in thread correctly, there is no DAC that currently works with a Rockbox'ec iPod Classic? If not, do LOC's like THIS work?

What Bertie said, just make sure you enable Rockbox's Line Out function.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #2,742 of 3,645
appreciate this is for the newer classic, but I wondered if somebody could help...

I have a 30gb video rockboxed with sdxc card in

my music is added via iTunes with art embedded (long story, but the card would not allow drag and drop - only adding this way)

I want to use picture flow and have extracted the art as per the link via the rockbox page and it is in the ipod_control / music folder and named and the right size - yet when I update the library / database and update the cache, not 1 picture works on album art

thanks

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #2,744 of 3,645
  i have the latest iPod classic 160 gb and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the most stable build for rockbox was??

Since it's very simple to switch builds, the best thing to do is try them.  I've been running rockbox-ipod6g-20130910 daily build since it came out, and it's been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back