Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #2,176 of 3,645
Quote:
new alrodan build released! - 130217
beerchug.gif

Great! I'll try it as soon as I get home from work! 
popcorn.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #2,177 of 3,645
Quote:
Any idea whats been changed? 

The frequency scaling got a lot more extensive, this is still experimental so the UI might slow down a little sometimes.
Go to 'System -> Debug -> View HW info' to see what's going on.

When playing FLAC it's using the lower frequency all the time. When playing MP3 it's adjusting frequencies every other second because this codec is more cpu-intensive.

Aroldan, great work! I'm really impressed, didn't know that there was already so much progress with these patches.

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #2,178 of 3,645
Really Thanks to alrodan saved some of my CIEMs which are not listenable without 10 eq bands 
gs1000.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #2,179 of 3,645
Quote:
Really Thanks to alrodan saved some of my CIEMs which are not listenable without 10 eq bands 
gs1000.gif

The 10 band EQ is now on the official branch, and it's even better.

Quote:

The frequency scaling got a lot more extensive, this is still experimental so the UI might slow down a little sometimes.
Go to 'System -> Debug -> View HW info' to see what's going on.

When playing FLAC it's using the lower frequency all the time. When playing MP3 it's adjusting frequencies every other second because this codec is more cpu-intensive.

Aroldan, great work! I'm really impressed, didn't know that there was already so much progress with these patches.

The credit is all of Castor Muñoz. I only compile a couple of experimental patches that haven't been included in the official branch yet.

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #2,180 of 3,645
Just installed aroldan's latest build (Thanks!).  I did some deleting and adding of files, then safely removed it, unplugged the cable, and pressed Select to reboot.  It got stuck on

ROLO...
Executing

A force reboot fixed it, but I thought I'd mention it, as I've never seen that behavior previously.  There are a few mentions of it via Google.

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2,181 of 3,645
Quote:
Just installed aroldan's latest build (Thanks!).  I did some deleting and adding of files, then safely removed it, unplugged the cable, and pressed Select to reboot.  It got stuck on

ROLO...
Executing

A force reboot fixed it, but I thought I'd mention it, as I've never seen that behavior previously.  There are a few mentions of it via Google.

Same...I forced reboot it too.. everything seems to be fine...But i didn't get it, am I suppose to hear more extension on both sides now?

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,182 of 3,645
It seems to be isolated to this build as i went back and re installed one of the older builds and it reboot normally. I then repeated install of the new build and it got stuck again, requiring manual reboot.  Hopefully aroldan or someone who has more knowledge can comment on this  if it is something to worry about or to just ignore it.

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #2,188 of 3,645
I have been using emcore 859 and RB 130110 without any issue. Will keep it that way for as long as the ipod can last - unless any update will improve SQ.

Also I noticed the RB volume control has zero impact on the volume control from my amp (Rx MK2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back