Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Dec 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #1,936 of 3,645
Quote:
I may have misspoke when I used the term "line out". The HF3 connects to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Will the HF3 controls (volume, next/previous track, etc.) still work after the iPod is rock boxed?

I think I mispoke as well.  I had no idea they still supported those simple headphone remotes on the 6G.  Looking online it looks like they short different audio pins to tell the player you've hit buttons.  If the pause button makes it look like the headphones were disconnected that might work.  Nothing else will though.  I don't think the 6G has any remote support at all enabled beyond (IIRC) headphone unplug detection.  

Curious about the name though are you by any chance in Saratoga, NY?

Ah no.

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #1,940 of 3,645
Quote:
I think my iPod died!!! I disconnected it from my computer and it won't turn on or reset! The screen stays black even when I plug it into my computer and try to reset it. Help!

Quote:
This happened to mine a few times also....Just let the power drain and then re connect

It still doesn't work :frowning2:

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,941 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi, i'm trying to install Rockbox on my Ipod Classic.
When i enter in DFU mode my pc install "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" instead of  "Apple Recovery (DFU) USB Driver". What can i do? 

Start again and make sure that you click  the box in task manager that says "show processes for all users"  add this step and continuing on with the steps below. Not sure if this is the problem but i suspect those having difficulty with the install are missing this step.  

Make sure iTunes is closed
  1. Kill "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe" using the task manager
    1. Open the task manager (press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC)
    2. Click on the "Processes" tab
    3. Choose "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe"
    4. Press the "End Process" button
    5. Press "End Process" to confirm
  2. Do the same for "iTunesHelper.exe"

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,942 of 3,645
Quote:

It still doesn't work :frowning2:

Did you try placing the hold switch to on and then back off and then hold the menu and select buttons for awhile.  Mine just locked up while being plugged into my windows 8 machine and froze on the usb screen, which forced my windows 8 to have an error and wouldn't reboot.  PITA however that reset the ipod form the frozen screen.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,943 of 3,645
Quote:
Did you try placing the hold switch to on and then back off and then hold the menu and select buttons for awhile.  Mine just locked up while being plugged into my windows 8 machine and froze on the usb screen, which forced my windows 8 to have an error and wouldn't reboot.  PITA however that reset the ipod form the frozen screen.

Ya, I just tried that. I even held the menu and select buttons for about 30 seconds and the screen still stayed black.

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #1,944 of 3,645
Props to Br777, this is fantastic guide. Last night I rockbox'd my 7G Classic and I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

- Is there anyway to display bitrate on the Now Playing screen?

- What's the point in building a database?

- I'm on the latest build, is there any way to make the font bigger without changing theme?

Cheers,
Erich

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #1,945 of 3,645
Quote:
Props to Br777, this is fantastic guide. Last night I rockbox'd my 7G Classic and I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

- Is there anyway to display bitrate on the Now Playing screen?

- What's the point in building a database?

- I'm on the latest build, is there any way to make the font bigger without changing theme?

Cheers,
Erich

You can edit the wps to show whatever you would like or to change the fonts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back