Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Dec 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,921 of 3,645
Quote:
My itunes didn't detect the device and no matter how long i pressed and held the Menu+Select button (middle round button), there's no respond
frown.gif

You could try plugging it into a charger for a while to see if it revives. Your battery might be drained completely due to running an incorrect/corrupt version of rockbox on it.

If that fails, then you may have a fried ipod.

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #1,923 of 3,645
Quote:
Tried the method of plugging it into a charger. And then nothing happened, it's RIP.

How long did you leave it plugged in? Leave it charging for a while, just to be sure. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it isn't getting hot.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,924 of 3,645
Hi, I'm interested in this system for my ipod classic 2nd, except for the "almost certain" non support of external ipod control (via the dock port). Are there some implementation plans for this function after the release is fully stable?

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #1,925 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi, I'm interested in this system for my ipod classic 2nd, except for the "almost certain" non support of external ipod control (via the dock port). Are there some implementation plans for this function after the release is fully stable?

Thanks!

I don't think anyone has ever expressed in interest in working on that, so no plans at the moment.

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #1,926 of 3,645
Quote:

I don't think anyone has ever expressed in interest in working on that, so no plans at the moment.

I'd love to see this feature too, for an HP-P1 or AlgoRhythm Solo or something. If I end up- buying one of these anyway I could always switch back to the regular firmware and sync with MediaMonkey to convert my FLAC on the fly to ALAC or 320 MP3. I'm only attracted to Rockbox for the FLAC player part (having never used it) so I don't have to convert. I hated converting everything to WMAL for my Zune/Windows Phone (now I have an Android Phone and Google Music until I get an iPod Classic).

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,927 of 3,645
Hi,
This is a real newbie question (new to ipod classic, new to rockbox, new to etymotics), so I apologize in advance...

Do the controls on the etymotics HF3 work on a rockboxed ipod classic (7G)?  I've read that controls on docks and other things connected to the 30 pin connector do not, but as the etymotics connect to the line out, I thought they might.

thanks,
      Roger

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #1,928 of 3,645
After reading about the sq from the classic and rockbox I decided to pick one up tonight.  I have read that the 240gb drive works in the classic, are there any larger drives that are confirmed to work?  Also is there a diy mod similar to what rwa mods due to the earlier ipods?  Hopefully this pairs well with the leckerton.

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #1,929 of 3,645
Quote:
Hi,
This is a real newbie question (new to ipod classic, new to rockbox, new to etymotics), so I apologize in advance...

Do the controls on the etymotics HF3 work on a rockboxed ipod classic (7G)?  I've read that controls on docks and other things connected to the 30 pin connector do not, but as the etymotics connect to the line out, I thought they might.

thanks,
      Roger

Line out is the 30 pin connector, which all accessories use.  You can't control an ipod any other way.   

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #1,930 of 3,645
Quote:
Also is there a diy mod similar to what rwa mods due to the earlier ipods?  Hopefully this pairs well with the leckerton.

I don't think so.  Would be kind of pointless, the 6G doesn't have the screwed up output caps like the 4G and 5G did.  Its basically already "modded" for you, or rather Apple designed the output correct the first time so the output is very nearly quantization noise limited for 16 bit output.  

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #1,931 of 3,645
I don't think so.  Would be kind of pointless, the 6G doesn't have the screwed up output caps like the 4G and 5G did.  Its basically already "modded" for you, or rather Apple designed the output correct the first time so the output is very nearly quantization noise limited for 16 bit output.  

Great to know. Thanks to you and the RB community for all of your hard work. Curious about the name though are you by any chance in Saratoga, NY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back