Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Nov 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,787 of 3,645
Quote:
Does anyone here know how to modify themes? I really love this new theme called Epilogue (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1691&target=ipodvideo), but I wished it showed more information on the WPS Screen. Is there anyway someone on here could modify it so the bitrate and track number are shown under the album and year (a picture of the WPS screen is shown below)? Or is this something I could do? Thanks in advance!

Just drop the theme files in their respective folders on the classic. Put the theme file in "themes", font file in "fonts" and so forth...

Nov 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,788 of 3,645
just reflashed rockbox and unfortunately, yes, the problem exists at all volumes.

the feedback is extremely loud, even when the volume is set very low so the left channel is very quiet and the right channel is very loud and distorted.

any ideas ?

Have you tried different builds?

Nov 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #1,789 of 3,645
Quote:
Have you tried different builds?

hi there,

i have tried both builds linked to from the first page of this thread :

a custom build from a user on this forum done 7 days ago and one of the standard rockbox builds from rockbox.org done yesterday

both gave the same results. :frowning2:

thanks for taking the time to reply.

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #1,790 of 3,645
Quote:

hi there,

i have tried both builds linked to from the first page of this thread :

a custom build from a user on this forum done 7 days ago and one of the standard rockbox builds from rockbox.org done yesterday

both gave the same results. :frowning2:

thanks for taking the time to reply.

That's really some freaky issue that I never thought could even happen! The RB mod is only software related, so that shouldn't even happen... 

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,791 of 3,645
Quote:

I would love your latest version. (Hint 
biggrin.gif
)

Guys, I am afraid that 121026 is not going into Charging Mode for me. It just trickle charges. On 120802, charging is implemented perfectly; it goes into Charging Mode and then exits at 100%. I am going back to it.

I noted an issue with 121007 build but never saw any responses to it.  I have been using the 120905 build since then with no problems.

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #1,794 of 3,645
Quote:
Does anyone here know how to modify themes? I really love this new theme called Epilogue (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1691&target=ipodvideo), but I wished it showed more information on the WPS Screen. Is there anyway someone on here could modify it so the bitrate and track number are shown under the album and year (a picture of the WPS screen is shown below)? Or is this something I could do? Thanks in advance!

Check pm.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #1,795 of 3,645
Mine 6gen 80Gb on latest custom build 121026 working so smooth and battery life is 32h 15m ( i have choose battery capacity 1000mAH) will it affect the battery life due to the default of 6gen 80GB is only 580mAH. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #1,796 of 3,645
Quote:
Mine 6gen 80Gb on latest custom build 121026 working so smooth and battery life is 32h 15m ( i have choose battery capacity 1000mAH) will it affect the battery life due to the default of 6gen 80GB is only 580mAH. 

This doesn't make any difference in battery life, you can't select an option to suddenly have a higher capacity battery :wink: After a few cycles it will 'learn' when the battery is full and when it's empty. Thin Classics have a 580mAh battery, thick Classics have a 850mAh battery. Higher capacity is not possible.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #1,798 of 3,645
I was going to post about editing a Rockbox WPS and the struggles I went through to tweak one I liked (did A LOT of reading and experimenting), when I stumbled upon this:

https://sites.google.com/site/subterraneanp/iriverh3xx.wpseditor

No idea if it's any good, but it's the first I've heard of it.

Another invaluable tool is the Rockbox Simulator, which you can find on the site.  DAMN handy.
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/UiSimulator

I'd definitely take the time to read about the elements in a WPS and mess around in the simulator.  I was able to tweak one to display more info like Artist | Album | Year on one line, Title and Time on another, both scrolling, as needed.  Also managed to tweak the album art display area so the bar with two lines of tag data didn't sit on top of it (just resized the area, basically, though tweaking it to be just so took a lot work).  Then I shamelessly saved it under my own name :wink:

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I used the Rockbox manual (PDF) for learning about editing themes. As when I first learned HTML, I found it useful to work off a copy of a theme I liked. And don't forget the simulator! Saves an amazing amount of time vs. loading and checking on the device!

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #1,799 of 3,645

Yesterday I have tried Rockbox on my iPod Classic 120GB 6.1G but I encountered a major problem.

After flashing Emcore I started the Rockbox fallback image, connected the iPod to the PC and installed aroldan's current Rockbox build.
Up to this point everything worked as expected. But when I reboot the iPod now into the freshly installed Rockbox image the device will not be recognized any longer by the computer.
It even blocks other USB devices by getting recognized while the iPod is plugged in.

Is it a compatibility problem of Windows 8 or a Rockbox bug?

I have tried several USB ports, Emcore versions r859, r868 and all Rockbox builds by aroldan down to August.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #1,800 of 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorLipf /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it a compatibility problem of Windows 8 or a Rockbox bug?

Have you tried the solution described in the FAQ on the first page? I don't have Windows 8, but it's supposed to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back