Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
May 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #751 of 3,645
Thanks

By CLAS u meant the cypher labs solo i assume ?

Im just researching now to see if new kingrex will rig into classic ipod as well , if so ill go with it

Just cant afford 2 devices quite yet

U know of new kingrex ? i cant find a definitive answer to whether it can do a similar job
like solo does . If not i have to decide what ONE device do i want

Ipod allows me to at least copy 24/192 wav files to it , i assume solo will play that in full 24/192 ?
But lord wavs is HUGE lol . But i still want my laptop n HDDs to play hi res as well

Cant have it all . Maybe not ?

Cheers

May 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #753 of 3,645
Is there a easier way to create a playlist? I did one but it would take the whole album and I would have to delete the ones that I didn't want.

I just clicked the song and hold the select button and save it.

May 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #754 of 3,645
Quote:
Is there a easier way to create a playlist? I did one but it would take the whole album and I would have to delete the ones that I didn't want.

I just clicked the song and hold the select button and save it.

I don't know how to make playlists completely yet, but this is how I do it, adding single tracks (or whole folders/albums) at a time.

1. Go to the track/folder you want to add into a playlist.
2. Instead of just pressing one track and add the whole album, select the track by holding down the select button. This will bring up a new menu.
3. Press "Current Playlist".
4. Press "input" or whatever single option there is to choose.

It's all done! You've now put that single track into a temporary playlist, I believe. Press the play button to go to your playlist. To save your playlist:

1. Press play so you play the track or tracks you've added to the playlist.
2. Hold the select button.
3. This will bring up another menu. Press "Playlist".
4. Press "Show current playlist" to display all of the tracks on your playlist, and press "Save current playlist" to save it. Once you've pressed it, you can name your playlist. Press the "Play" button to save it.

Now that you've saved it, you can go back to this playlist whenever you accidentally replace it with another dynamic playlist. I'm not sure where you change the directory of that playlist file, as it saves itself in the same folder of your first track (for me).

May 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #756 of 3,645
Quote:
making playlists on rockbox is a total pain on the a**

that's the only thing i miss from itunes :frowning2:

Yeah I haven't really figured it out. But is it really needed? I don't see the need myself since you can create folders and folders in folders.

May 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #757 of 3,645
Quote:
Yeah I haven't really figured it out. But is it really needed? I don't see the need myself since you can create folders and folders in folders.

You should really do that from outside Rockbox, it is not that difficult.
Most filemanagers have an option/command to save a list of files into a textfile (=playlist).

Another program that does wonders is foobar2000, it has some really great tools available for updating tags, renaming and copying files and a creating playlist.

May 8, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #759 of 3,645
Quote:

How do I install this directly over my current rockbox setup? I'm on version r31637M-120203. In upgrading, will I lose my music? Haven't really messed with RB in a while, and would appreciate any help. Thanks

Download the build you'd like to use, open the zip file and drag the '.rockbox'-folder to the root folder of your iPod. When asked to merge folder or replace files always choose yes for everything. You will not lose any music at all because you're only replacing some files in the '.rockbox'-folder. Which EmCORE version are you using?

May 8, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #761 of 3,645
Quote:
Thanks for the quick response! I am on EMCORE v 0.2.3 r859

Allright, then it's perfectly safe to try out any new build, (from freemyipod.org; "Upgrading from emCORE builds before r836 will reformat the hard drive. Rockbox versions before r31455 are incompatible with the new format.") your music will still be there.

May 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #762 of 3,645
aroldan, thank you very much. After changing to RB, it's new world and I love it. I' m on OSX Lion most of the time. So bootcamp to XP. Flashed by XP. Immediately after flashing, Mac could see Rockboxed classic and I could transfer music from Mac. Re-connected to Mac and Mac can't see it. So I have to change to XP for music transfer. I'm on 8336b76M-120505 emCORE 0.2.3 r859. I don't understand why? However if I can use it like a USB memory for Mac and Windows all the time, it would be my dream with great music.

May 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #763 of 3,645
I tried aroldan's build 3 days ago, battery life suffered a lot, so I switched back to Rockbox r31516-120101. Much more stable, IMO.

May 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #765 of 3,645
aroldan. Thank you very much again for b723f81M 120509. Rockbox reaction is faster and I feel it sounds warmer and reverb is more beautiful. I love it.
What did you do??? Although Mac can't see it still,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back