Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Apr 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #677 of 3,645
Quote:
im very happy with rockbox on my 7G, it also runs flawlessly.

also the 5G heapdhone out has treble roll off, which is due to the circuitry. the 7G is a lot more accurate. the 6G is the worst i think.

i trust my ears, having a 5.5G a 6G and 7G i can test and say the 7G sound the cleanest and most neutral.

people like the 5G for its analogue sound, i prefer the analytical sound of the 7G
Just out of curiosity does that apply to rockbox fw? since the classic uses one rockbox fw for the three revs of the classic .

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #678 of 3,645
Thanks for the advice guys (denest and r100). I did the reinstall and now it works. PC still doesn't recognize the USB sometimes but does after a few tries.
Other than that, it's fine. The harddrive does spin crazily when starting up but it's probably normal. :D

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #679 of 3,645
To the people posting their own patched builds:

Is it easy to edit those patches yourself before implementing them? I'd like to test if vcore 1.000V @ 54 MHz would be stable. If so, maybe even 0.950V?
I know the HDD eats most of the battery but it shuts down when the RAM is filled with new songs. The CPU is always running and thus would be interesting to save a little more energy there..

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #680 of 3,645
I was trying some new patches along with the latest revision. In this build the following patches have been applied:
  1. Vcore reduced from 1.050V to 1.000V @ 54MHz
  2. Add identify() call to reset procedures
  3. filesystem events: Add a new event to trigger on file access
  4. Fundamentally rewrite some aspects of the audio DSP
  5. EQ 10 bands

I am trying it right now and it seems fine but please, use it on your own. I'm not responsible for any damages :)

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #681 of 3,645

Quote:
I was trying some new patches along with the latest revision. In this build the following patches have been applied:
  5. EQ 10 bands

I am trying it right now and it seems fine but please, use it on your own. I'm not responsible for any damages :)

Thanks for sharing this one! Confirmed working on 1G 80GB and 1G 160GB, will keep testing.
New selected songs really do load faster now, or is that just me?

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #682 of 3,645

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this one! Confirmed working on 1G 80GB and 1G 160GB, will keep testing.
New selected songs really do load faster now, or is that just me?

Yes, songs do seem to load faster. Many thanks, aroldan!

About the Vcore change, only a bit of time will tell. But it all seems absolutely fine 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #683 of 3,645
Quote:
  5. EQ 10 bands

Actually your previous build was so good that I am sticking with it until the next RB revision.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #684 of 3,645
I've been playing music since I upgraded the RB and the battery is great. It's been 8 hours of constant playing a playlist with about 60% of music in 24/48KHz and the battery is at 70%. Will report how long it lasts.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #685 of 3,645

Quote:
I've been playing music since I upgraded the RB and the battery is great. It's been 8 hours of constant playing a playlist with about 60% of music in 24/48KHz and the battery is at 70%. Will report how long it lasts.

I've been using your build through school today, constantly playing mostly FLAC files and even watched some movies on it with the MPEG player.. 6 hours of that, and it was on around 60-70%!
Huge thanks for your build, no crashes or anything whatsoever. I've also noticed, like a few others, that songs load noticeably faster. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back