Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Aug 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #256 of 3,645
It is just recently usable but still unstable. Keep checking http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IpodClassicPort for updates. Revision 11 was 100% unusable and uninstallable, revision 12 allowed it to be installed but most stuff didnt work along with the power consumption and other various issues, and revision 13 allowed the use of ipod's Line out and LOD accessories but still no other playback accessories (like a dac) to work.

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #258 of 3,645

Quote:
It is just recently usable but still unstable. Keep checking for updates. Revision 11 was 100% unusable and uninstallable, revision 12 allowed it to be installed but most stuff didnt work along with the power consumption and other various issues, and revision 13 allowed the use of ipod's Line out and LOD accessories but still no other playback accessories (like a dac) to work.

great news, I'm waiting for the stable, but might as well get the latest revision.

my classic is giving me problems, everytime i plug it into the computer itunes tells me it needs to be restored... itunes sucks, and not just because of that but generally. mostly the reason i am looking forward into reockbox. that and rockbox is awesome.

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #262 of 3,645
Aug 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #263 of 3,645

Quote:
Just a question but why does it really matter?

this is headfi, home of headfier Andy, every little thing matters.

I have an apparently ruined ipod classic, cant format, cant restore, somethinf is ****ed. but it turn on and everything else. if I cant fix it trough format and itunes, will try the non-itunes install of EmCORE

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #265 of 3,645

Quote:
Well...to me it matters. I don't like to have the guitar played placed on the opposite side of the sound stage instead of the side where he belongs (i.e. listening to u2 live it would be odd to hear Edge coming off the right iem).

You make a valid point but it's a portable device and I think people are over obsessing about sound on here. Couldn't you just wear your headphones/iems backwards?

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #269 of 3,645
Me too. Got tired of this classic volume cap even outside of Europe 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back