Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Sep 28, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #3,166 of 3,645
  I went here (http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/RomBox) to get more info on the HAVE_TAGCACHE, but this disables the database feature. Could you possibly point me in the right direction as to how to config, and compile this correctly please?

I think it only applies to Rombox. Check the sample config for iPod6g

rockbox/firmware/export/config/ipod6g.h

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3,167 of 3,645

I think it only applies to Rombox. Check the sample config for iPod6g

rockbox/firmware/export/config/ipod6g.h

Yeah, I find the HAVE_TAGCACHE amongst ipod6.h, added the comment tags like I saw in the link provided earlier.  After I compiled and installed all that changed was the database portion in the general settings has been removed/disabled.  Is that what it's supposed to do?

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #3,171 of 3,645

Yeah, I find the HAVE_TAGCACHE amongst ipod6.h, added the comment tags like I saw in the link provided earlier.  After I compiled and installed all that changed was the database portion in the general settings has been removed/disabled.  Is that what it's supposed to do?

The load to RAM feature was removed with the recent file system rework.  I'm not sure if the plan is to readd it later or not.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,172 of 3,645
  The load to RAM feature was removed with the recent file system rework.  I'm not sure if the plan is to readd it later or not.

I have noticed amongst my searching.  I may just not even bother. I nearly get 2 weeks use without charge, and to me that is more than enough battery time for me. Considering I use it at least an average of 6 hours a day.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3,173 of 3,645

I have noticed amongst my searching.  I may just not even bother. I nearly get 2 weeks use without charge, and to me that is more than enough battery time for me. Considering I use it at least an average of 6 hours a day.

lol 2 weeks battery life and you still trying to squeeze in more. My DX90 even with a monstrous 5500mah battery can't go longer than 3 days of 6 hour/day average.

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #3,175 of 3,645

I highly doubt this... 6 hours a day and 2 weeks without charging? Technically it can only survive about 30 hours of playing.

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #3,177 of 3,645
I highly doubt this... 6 hours a day and 2 weeks without charging? Technically it can only survive about 30 hours of playing.

I can see the skepticism to this, but all I ever do with thing is turn it on and hit play. After that I lock it and forget. When I'm done I manually shut the player down.

I'll play closer attention to this and see what result I get. Along with a benchmarking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back