Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Mar 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #94 of 3,645
You don't need to use the database in Rockbox at all. Just browse the folders - that's one of its big advantage over iPod OS.

Hmm I tried doing this, but when I navigated to the folder where my music is, it doesn't display the music files, only a blank folder?

Is there someplace where you can monitor updates for this? The place for installation doesn't look like there's much happening there.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #95 of 3,645
Do a long hold of the top button on the click wheel (about one second). When you release, it will then give you file viewing options which you can scroll through with the same top button. Set this to Music files. You should then be able to see your music.

Quote:
Quote:
You don't need to use the database in Rockbox at all. Just browse the folders - that's one of its big advantage over iPod OS.

Hmm I tried doing this, but when I navigated to the folder where my music is, it doesn't display the music files, only a blank folder?

Is there someplace where you can monitor updates for this? The place for installation doesn't look like there's much happening there.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #96 of 3,645
Perhaps one of you could help, everytime i try this i get to turing the Ipod to DFU mode, and then the installer menu pops up, after that i cant get anything to work, or redirect what it's installing :/ anyone help me out?

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #97 of 3,645
Just to warn everyone I bricked my ipod while trying to uninstall this.
Firstly I installed rockbox successfully without a hitch and loaded all my music on, but after a few weeks when I plugged my ipod into my PC windows would say the device had malfunctioned or could not be recognized.
This meant that I could not load any new music on , so I decided to uninstall iloader and reinstall it.
I followed the instructions to uninstall iloader and unfortunately after having deleted the iloader file, rebooting and clicking "uninstall iloader" the ipod would not power on or show any signs of life. 
When I plug it in to my PC now it does not power up yet windows still comes up with the "device not recognized" "device malfunctioned message"

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #98 of 3,645
@marko93101 If you are using Windows go into the Device Manager and look under the heading "universal serial bus controllers" for something along the lines of Apple DFU device.

@jackmccabe Can you see the iPod in the Device Manager? The iPod might still be in DFU mode...just a thought.

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #104 of 3,645

Quote:
WOW!
A major jump in audio quality!

Lol.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back