Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Mar 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #2,971 of 3,645

Did you not see this post?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening/2580#post_9635317

no, i didn't. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,973 of 3,645

You're welcome.

thanks. but two people on that post post conflicting info. one says you can't move music onto your iPod, the other says you can!

Mar 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #2,974 of 3,645
I should mention that I haven't tried to rock box it on my families computer yet. I'm about to say screw it and just attempt it. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,975 of 3,645
also: can I not use my fiio e11 with my rock boxed classic? 

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,976 of 3,645
@Melvins

• When you're logged in there's an edit button at your own posts, so you can add more info if you're the last one to post something.
  • There also is a button above and below the line of messages 'search this thread', so for example you can search for the keyword 'E11' to see what others wrote about this so far.
  • As is described in the first post, this port of Rockbox (for the Classic) is unsupported. That's why most people in this thread experiment with Rockbox on the Classic and share their experiences, which may also vary on all the different daily builds and versions of Emcore.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2,977 of 3,645
  @Melvins

• When you're logged in there's an edit button at your own posts, so you can add more info if you're the last one to post something.
  • There also is a button above and below the line of messages 'search this thread', so for example you can search for the keyword 'E11' to see what others wrote about this so far.
  • As is described in the first post, this port of Rockbox (for the Classic) is unsupported. That's why most people in this thread experiment with Rockbox on the Classic and share their experiences, which may also vary on all the different daily builds and versions of Emcore.

1) thanks
2) no one explicitly answered my question on whether of not the e11 can be used with rock boxed classics. I'm assuming I can use it?
3) Ok. I didn't realize it wasn't supported.

I still am not sure if I can use my windows 8 computer to rock box my classic? It seems that some people have been able to while others don't recommend it?

also: there's been many conflicting reports about whether you can move music onto your classic with a mac after rock boxing. again, my question hasn't been answered and there's various sources in this thread saying opposite things. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #2,978 of 3,645
  1) thanks
2) no one explicitly answered my question on whether of not the e11 can be used with rock boxed classics. I'm assuming I can use it?
3) Ok. I didn't realize it wasn't supported.

I still am not sure if I can use my windows 8 computer to rock box my classic? It seems that some people have been able to while others don't recommend it?

also: there's been many conflicting reports about whether you can move music onto your classic with a mac after rock boxing. again, my question hasn't been answered and there's various sources in this thread saying opposite things. 

I am also wondering about support of FiiO amplifiers with a rockbox'd ipod.

Anybody know?

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #2,979 of 3,645

I am also wondering about support of FiiO amplifiers with a rockbox'd ipod.

Anybody know?

L3000.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #2,980 of 3,645
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #2,985 of 3,645
  I believe there's a mistake, there's no "root" folder, once you connect the ipod to the pc, a window (like the one when you connect an usb thumb) shows up, what you see, "the main folder" that's the root folder, you just extract your files to the first window that shows when you open the drive, and that's it.

Hi All,
I have been able to get the USB DFU Device set up as the documentation says. Hoever, I can't "see" it from Windows Explorer.
I've messed with this on and off for a couple of days now.
Two questions:

1. Is there a way to get back to zero with my ipod classic and start the process over?
Or,
2. Does someone know of a "trick" I've missed once the DFU driver is installed to get Windows (Win 7 Prof) to see the USB drive (my classic)?
Thanks,
Stephen P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back