iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Jan 20, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #646 of 881
Presently listening to some live concert recordings on my 6S, Mojo, HD800 combo and I would find such a skip to be very annoying. If you can't resolve the problem why not take advantage of your Apple warranty? You certainly paid a premium price so you ought to get satisfaction. Your situation is not normal.

Nothing to do with Apple if some aftermarket gadget does not work with their product.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #647 of 881
I don't think so. Other people have mentioned this on the Mojo thread. Maybe do a search for info there?

I see. Hopefully this gets fixed with an iOS update.

On my Macbook Pro I don't have such problems with the Hugo or Mojo.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #648 of 881
I see. Hopefully this gets fixed with an iOS update.

On my Macbook Pro I don't have such problems with the Hugo or Mojo.

I have my doubts that it's an Apple issue. I guess you know this thread?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9600#post_12269370
Either a search or a question there should shed some light for you.

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #649 of 881
I have my doubts that it's an Apple issue. I guess you know this thread?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9600#post_12269370
Either a search or a question there should shed some light for you.

Ok thanks, I will. But I only have this problem with the iPhone 6S+ and I can replicate it. With my Retina Macbook Pro it works flawless.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #650 of 881
I am thinking of subscribing the streaming service of Qobuz, which offers some hi-fi tracks at 24/96 and 24/192. My question is does iphone support direct playback of those HD music or I need to get a DAC like mojo in order to play them at original sample rate?

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #651 of 881
Got a hold of an iPhone 6s Plus for a few hours.

Listening to it in the tranquility of my office i just hear the background noises when invoking Siri. On regular use, the music sounds very good and the noises are just no there. Obviously, i wish that shielding gets back on track, but the bleeding does not seem to be a deal breaker. Thought it was way worse ala Galaxy S2.

Tested with both Shure SE535s and Shure SE846s.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #652 of 881
  Got a hold of an iPhone 6s Plus for a few hours.

Listening to it in the tranquility of my office i just hear the background noises when invoking Siri. On regular use, the music sounds very good and the noises are just no there. Obviously, i wish that shielding gets back on track, but the bleeding does not seem to be a deal breaker. Thought it was way worse ala Galaxy S2.

Tested with both Shure SE535s and Shure SE846s.

many are reporting this but I get no noise at all other than music from my 6S. It sounds no different, other than better sonically than my 5S. 

it seems there are two variants concerning the DACs IIRC. I must be lucky with mine. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #653 of 881
I have the 6s plus and just bought the chord mojo. I was experiencing hissing and vocal distortion.

I also found that with OnkYo Hf player I couldn't use the convert to dsd function and would just get a weird hissing. My iPod 6 sounded incredible.

I compared the settings and for some reason the hearing aid mode (mono sound, noise cancellation) was on the 6s plus.
I Turned it off and now it works with hf player dsd mode and no hiss or distortion. Sounds perfect!

Hope this helps others.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #654 of 881
I got my 6S from Germany and it has the slight audio playback distortion as well. The slight buzzing noise can clearly be heard when interacting with multitasking or Control center while music is not playing. It was very disappointing indeed but not a deal breaker because the other aspects of the 6S is excellent.

However my sister's 6S from the UK seems to have proper shielding. There's noticeable clarity in audio quality, no buzzing noises and is a joy to listen to. I'm quite jealous LOL. It doesn't have that silly EU Volume Limiter as well. Both our phones have the Samsung A9 processor.

All you guys who have the buzzing & distortion issue, does your phone have the EU Volume Limiter?

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #655 of 881
I got my 6S from Germany and it has the slight audio playback distortion as well. The slight buzzing noise can clearly be heard when interacting with multitasking or Control center while music is not playing. It was very disappointing indeed but not a deal breaker because the other aspects of the 6S is excellent.

However my sister's 6S from the UK seems to have proper shielding. There's noticeable clarity in audio quality, no buzzing noises and is a joy to listen to. I'm quite jealous LOL. It doesn't have that silly EU Volume Limiter as well. Both our phones have the Samsung A9 processor.

All you guys who have the buzzing & distortion issue, does your phone have the EU Volume Limiter?

If it's from the UK I am very surprised if your sisters phone does not have the EU volume cap. Mine does. (UK) but no buzzing issues that I can detect.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #657 of 881
Ah, Perhaps her's maybe a different model like the A1633. Mine is A1688.

More importantly do you have distorted audio quality as well?

Until now in this thread it's mentioned that the problem occurrs in just a few too sensitive in ear headphones that can pick up this buzzing noise. Most headphones though (for example dynamic drivers ones), do not present any problem and audio on them is perfectly clear. What kind of iems are you using? Can you test your device with different types of headphones/iems?

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #658 of 881
Ah, Perhaps her's maybe a different model like the A1633. Mine is A1688.

More importantly do you have distorted audio quality as well?

No issues at all that I can hear. I don't think anyone has complained about the audio quality of the 6s. Other than noise when using apps while listening to silence.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #659 of 881
Until now in this thread it's mentioned that the problem occurrs in just a few too sensitive in ear headphones that can pick up this buzzing noise. Most headphones though (for example dynamic drivers ones), do not present any problem and audio on them is perfectly clear. What kind of iems are you using? Can you test your device with different types of headphones/iems?

Both IEMs I own are low impedance 16 Ohms ones. Yes they do pickup the buzzing on mine and the audio (mids especially) is slightly distorted compared to my sister's 6S.

I decided to try the EarPods since I've read that it has ~40 Ohm impedance ( I never used it until today because they don't fit properly) and there seems to be no distortion. I can't seem to hear the buzzing as well. Any idea what's going on here? :)

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #660 of 881
No issues at all that I can hear. I don't think anyone has complained about the audio quality of the 6s. Other than noise when using apps while listening to silence.

The sound quality is still great, just wish it was a tad clear. I used my EarPods based on SparkOnShore's post and there seems to be no distortion now. I can't seem to hear the buzzing with the EarPods either. So the issue is brought up by very sensitive IEMs I suppose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back