iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Oct 30, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #331 of 881
Just for the record, purchased an iPhone 6s+ yesterday and to my dismay has got an interference type clicking noise wen I start and stop a song on tidal. The stop noise doesn't come till about 3 secs after. Also without music playing I hear the same noise opening the Google app, but only that app. Whether it's worth me trying another . What a shame, looks like it's going back !!:rage:

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #332 of 881
I've been using my Beyerdynamic A200p dac/amp with the iPhone 6S+ this week, to test some multi-armatures and wanted the A200p's 1.1 OI.  It randomly looses connection with the iPhone and blasts me with white noise very loudly.  This never happened before iOS9 and when I had the 5S.  Unfortunately Beyerdynamic chooses to ignore my emails.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #333 of 881
The 6S is noticeably better than my old 5S. I'm using it to play Spotify files on a Bose Acoustic Wave boom box at party's. Could I improve the sound by using any additional hardware like a DAC or Amp? I realize Spotify is not the best source and I'm considering switching to tidal but it's nice having Spotify's full catalog to choose from when people request songs.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #334 of 881
I just spent a while A/Bing my Sony ZX2 and my 6S.  Bottom line is that there's very little in it.  They're a bit different - the Sony is in a very small way darker and at least with the Sony player just possibly smoother, and the 6S that little bit brighter and more forward - but those are very fine shadings.  (This is with MG6PRO iems and a custom cable.)  The 6S may just have the edge on detail and separation/location  Both are very, very good.  So the 6S is now in this tier.  I'm kind of amazed - I've been known to carry around ridiculous stacks - but since I got it all of my other DAPs and stacks have stayed home.  (And I've been unable to make it produce the noise others have been troubled by, so no problem there.)  

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #335 of 881
The 6S is noticeably better than my old 5S. I'm using it to play Spotify files on a Bose Acoustic Wave boom box at party's. Could I improve the sound by using any additional hardware like a DAC or Amp? I realize Spotify is not the best source and I'm considering switching to tidal but it's nice having Spotify's full catalog to choose from when people request songs.

For the use that you state, I really would not bother. Just enjoy what you are doing.
I don't quite understand why you are posting about the Wave in a headphone forum but all the best.

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #336 of 881
I've been using my Beyerdynamic A200p dac/amp with the iPhone 6S+ this week, to test some multi-armatures and wanted the A200p's 1.1 OI.  It randomly looses connection with the iPhone and blasts me with white noise very loudly.  This never happened before iOS9 and when I had the 5S.  Unfortunately Beyerdynamic chooses to ignore my emails.
I am not surprised, as the A200 is a really bad product for it's price, maybe they know about now, on the other hand it is basically an A&K product, I don't know why Beyerdynamic did this move, as it is not good for their reputation

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #337 of 881
Has anyone with  a 6S Plus noticed that the headphone jack is kind of loose, especially compared to previous iPhones (if you've owned prior models)? My 6 Plus' jack was noticeably tighter.

A thread on another site about this issue had a post where someone checked all the demo models in an Apple store and they were all like that.

I think I'm going to stop buying new iPhones shortly after they debut and wait until February or March of the next year.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #338 of 881
Has anyone with  a 6S Plus noticed that the headphone jack is kind of loose, especially compared to previous iPhones (if you've owned prior models)? My 6 Plus' jack was noticeably tighter.

A thread on another site about this issue had a post where someone checked all the demo models in an Apple store and they were all like that.

I think I'm going to stop buying new iPhones shortly after they debut and wait until February or March of the next year.

No problem here.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #339 of 881
No problem here.

It's not really a problem on mine, either. I mean, the plug still doesn't come out of the jack by itself. But jacks can become looser over time, so it could be a problem later. But I'm not going to worry about it until/if it does. That's what the warranty is for.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #340 of 881

I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. My iPod Touch 5G had a jack tht was noticibly loose in that you could slightly wiggle the connector when it was inserted. However 1 and a half years later it still works fine, and hasn't got any looser.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #341 of 881
It's not really a problem on mine, either. I mean, the plug still doesn't come out of the jack by itself. But jacks can become looser over time, so it could be a problem later. But I'm not going to worry about it until/if it does. That's what the warranty is for.

Thanks.

Edit: sorry, I meant to reply to the poster who mentioned his iPod was the same way.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #343 of 881

Ofcourse. The Chord Hugo is on an other level.

And I don't think the iPhone 6S is good. Either the output impedance is way too high for IEM's or Apple added a warm colour over it with recessed mids. I don't think a device should add colour.

Also the iPhone 6S isn't detailed, lacks soundstage and also lacks transparency.
But compared to an iPhone 5S, I can see why people think it's amazing (I also got the iPhone 5S which I am currently using since I returned my iPhone 6S plus)

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #344 of 881
iPhone 4 is still the best in terms of SQ, barring the first Samsung Galaxy S with voodoo plug-in. I remember reading somewhere that one of my iPads is even better than the iPhone 4 though, forgot exactly which generation.          

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #345 of 881
Btw - just curious - has anyone compared 1. streaming apps (Qoobuz, Tidal or Moov) playing 44.1 music and 2. Apple stock music player, playing the same song converted from a redbook CD through iTunes? Is there any noticeable difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back