iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Mar 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #751 of 881
My 6s+ is silent I might hear a click or pop once every hour or so when the music is off but in ear headphones are still in. I love using my iPhone 6s+ with my etymotic research ER4S the bass is light but equalizer works great.

Best iems to use with the iPhone IMO are the FIIO EX1 they both work together harmoniously.

Would you mind telling us what EQ you're using? Also, is it possible to EQ system wise? For example, music streaming apps.

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #752 of 881
My 6s+ is silent I might hear a click or pop once every hour or so when the music is off but in ear headphones are still in. I love using my iPhone 6s+ with my etymotic research ER4S the bass is light but equalizer works great.

Best iems to use with the iPhone IMO are the FIIO EX1 they both work together harmoniously.

Haven't heard the EX1. I will have to check them out. Thanks for the tip!

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #753 of 881
The EQ only works with stock music app and also Apple Music which is why I use Apple Music but tidal for serious listening. When I say the etymotic er4s equalized are good I mean they respond very well to the different EQ settings in the music settings bass booster, rock, flat, etc. normally you use those settings and it scoops out the mids or bass booster raises 40-500hz but the etymotics respond well to it.

I recommend a third party app for music that you want to equalize. I try to stay on flat most of the Time to keep the default sound the way it was recorded but the etymotic iems lack sub bass so I use it. But what they lack in low end they make up for in mids and Highs.

I have the FLC 8S on the way... That should be a good upgrade / side grade for me.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #755 of 881
iPhone 6s measurements without load and driving Sennheiser MX400 earbuds.

https://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=m_device&page=1&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&category=&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&keyword=&sn1=&divpage=1

Nice output even if Zout is 3.3 (iPhone 6 Zout is 2.3) it trumps the S7 and S7 Edge.

May 4, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #756 of 881
Good news 
smily_headphones1.gif

"Purported iPhone 7 component leak disagrees with previous rumors, suggests 3.5 mm headphone jack will stay"

May 5, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #758 of 881
Alright guys,thinking about getting a 6s+ for strictly hosting.

Does ios work with neutron strapped to a dac/amp? I have a mojo, idsd micro, and a go v2+ infinity coming in.

I'm using a g3 and v10 with the mojo and I'm not liking that I have to jump thru hoops to get tidal or neutron to work

May 5, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #759 of 881
Alright guys,thinking about getting a 6s+ for strictly hosting.

Does ios work with neutron strapped to a dac/amp? I have a mojo, idsd micro, and a go v2+ infinity coming in.

I'm using a g3 and v10 with the mojo and I'm not liking that I have to jump thru hoops to get tidal or neutron to work

I don't know about the Mojo but with my Onkyo DAC/Amp I get interference from my 6S.
Several people in this thread have found the 6S to have shielding issues.
You might be better off with a 6 or maybe a Touch.

May 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #761 of 881
I don't know about the Mojo but with my Onkyo DAC/Amp I get interference from my 6S.
Several people in this thread have found the 6S to have shielding issues.
You might be better off with a 6 or maybe a Touch.

Have you used it in airplane mode?

Thus basically what I'm doing. No sim, on airplane mode.

I get a lot of interference with my v10 since its active. I get none with the g3 since its in airplane mode.

Buying 6S as transporting and expensive. Why don't you buy a Zx2 for that purpose ? Just as expensive but more quality for audio ?

Daps are pointless to me if your strapping a dac/amp to it anyways. For the same price I rather have a phone as a host. More usability and a big screen. Plus my brothers have the 6s and 6s+ So I'll be getting one of those.

Just need to know if neutron works with it whiling using a dac. Love the eq on neutron.

May 5, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #762 of 881
Have you used it in airplane mode?

Thus basically what I'm doing. No sim, on airplane mode.

I get a lot of interference with my v10 since its active. I get none with the g3 since its in airplane mode.
Daps are pointless to me if your strapping a dac/amp to it anyways. For the same price I rather have a phone as a host. More usability and a big screen. Plus my brothers have the 6s and 6s+ So I'll be getting one of those.

Just need to know if neutron works with it whiling using a dac. Love the eq on neutron.

Yes. Had the same problem in airplane mode. None with the 5S. That's not on network though.

May 17, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #764 of 881
Sound seems noticeably better on my 6s+ after the 9.3.2 update - anyone else hearing a difference?

Possibly. But with expectation bias etc, I wouldn't like to give a firm yes. But after reading your post I picked up my iPhone and listened to a track I had just stopped listening to 30 mins prior, could sound better IMO, certainly no complaints. If anything i'm happy my Mojo and AQ Red DAC still work ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back