iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Oct 18, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #226 of 881
OT:

How is everyone buying an iPhone 6S/6S Plus? I guess through the Apple Store? Due to my current agreement, I have to go through Verizon and Apple seems to have really screwed them out of adequate stock (for the second year in a row). I had an order placed on 10/2 and Verizon arbitrarily cancelled it on 10/16. The only reason given was that I already had a Device Payment Agreement on a 6+. However, my DPA allows me to upgrade, so their reason makes no sense. They forced me to reorder and I still have an estimated ship date of 11/2, but I'm probably going to get it later than if my original order hadn't been cancelled.

Sorry, just had to vent. :frowning2:

I'm going to buy it from the Apple Store. The model I want has a shipping time of 3 weeks. So I'll think I wait with my order till they are more available.

Oct 18, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #227 of 881
I was able to hear the noise with philips fidelio s2 today in the store.

Philips listed 22 ohm Impedance and 107  dB Sensitivity.

Only one dB difference from XBA-C10 as listed outside of UK.

The noise was much like the popping noises when you plug the headphone into.

Only it's single ,shorter and it happens during usage.

I only tested it on a 6s plus.

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #229 of 881
Another for the popping noise. At least in my case, it doesn't produce the popping noise when listening to music and nothing else and is probably the reason I never heard it until I went looking for it. Too bad the same can't be said for what a_rec and some others hear. Like a few mentioned earlier, I bet Apple does a silent fix a month or so down the road.

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #231 of 881
Another for the popping noise. At least in my case, it doesn't produce the popping noise when listening to music and nothing else and is probably the reason I never heard it until I went looking for it. Too bad the same can't be said for what a_rec and some others hear. Like a few mentioned earlier, I bet Apple does a silent fix a month or so down the road.[/quote
What did you do to hear the noise?

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #232 of 881
What did you do to hear the noise?

Kept playing with the app switcher with no music playing. It's inconsistent and pops randomly.

In Facebook I could hear every click as if keyboard clicks weren't muted properly. I'm sure the Facebook issue is a Facebook programming error; their code quality is notoriously bad.

The above is with my most sensitive iem. Most of my other iems don't pick it up.

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #233 of 881
I'm seriously considering getting an iPhone 6s, these noise news are disheartening.
confused_face.gif

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #235 of 881
Kept playing with the app switcher with no music playing. It's inconsistent and pops randomly.

In Facebook I could hear every click as if keyboard clicks weren't muted properly. I'm sure the Facebook issue is a Facebook programming error; their code quality is notoriously bad.

The above is with my most sensitive iem. Most of my other iems don't pick it up.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #236 of 881

What ever i do , i can't get any noise or buzz on my iPhone 6s Plus I tried everything what was recommended to do for almost an half hour. It is really not a issue for most of the new phones and probably batch related .

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #237 of 881
If a DAC / Amp is used threw the lightning port, do the noises disappear?

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #238 of 881
If a DAC / Amp is used threw the lightning port, do the noises disappear?

In digital signal transmission, it's either true or false. I don't think the noise is big enough to have an impact. And of course they won't resample the output from the headphone out and send it through linghtning.

Oct 19, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #239 of 881
I took a listen yesterday with my TTpods T-1 E and heard no noise at all as mentioned on here or by Lachlan. The TTpods have a sensitivity of 104 db and I heard nothing, and I'm someone who has very good hearing and is sensitive to treble, so I was surprised I didn't hear anything. In fat I quite enjoyed the sound of the 6s over the 5s as it sounded warmer and more expansive, overall more natural and less compressed. 

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #240 of 881
I should get to Apple Store and audition myself... Earsonics Velvets are not very easy to drive so I doubt I'll hear anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back