iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Oct 12, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #151 of 881
  I have both apps . I personally prefer the Kaisertone App. It gives you tons of tweaking possibilities and it opens up the music , involve you more and gives a more intense experience. But the Onkyio app is also good.  iI think it i matter of taste  and the synergy  between the app and the head gear  How it works out for you i don't know . But i think you can't go wrong with both apps . The only way to find out if it is something for you, is to try it out. 

Thanks very much. I shall be giving a copy a try as a lead up to trying some higher sensitivity IEMs on the S6 at my local dealer.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #152 of 881
Oct 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #153 of 881
With my EarWerkz Legend, I can hear and occasional pop sound in the app switcher. Sort of like what a dirty vinyl record makes. It's occasional and very soft. The Legend is one of the most sensitive iems I've ever owned/loaned/auditioned. I didn't hear any noises like those a_rec was able to record.

For reference- my 6S+ has the TSMC chip and is on the ATT GSM network (my understanding is that all iPhones now have the CDMA and GSM receivers). Turning off Bluetooth, WiFi or turning on Airplane mode did not prevent the noise.

For me personally, this in no way affects my critical listening experience, as I don't do those activities when critical listening and since I can't hear it with the UERM and PS6 at all, it is a complete non-issue for casual listening either. While Apple certainly needs to investigate and fix the issue by either software or future hardware batches (not sure which is needed), I don't think it's as big a deal for the masses as it might be for the relatively niche head-fi community. At the end of the day, if you can't hear it with your iems, there's nothing to worry about. For those importing an uncapped North American iPhone, hold off until confirmation of a fix or the next model, since you'll have no way to return it like a normal buyer.

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #154 of 881
I think i'll go across the street to an Apple authorised dealer to audition an iPhone 6s with my Shure SE535s. If there's a noise the 535s sure will pick it up quite easily.

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #155 of 881
I have both apps . I personally prefer the Kaisertone App. It gives you tons of tweaking possibilities and it opens up the music , involve you more and gives a more intense experience. But the Onkyio app is also good.  iI think it i matter of taste  and the synergy  between the app and the head gear  How it works out for you i don't know . But i think you can't go wrong with both apps . The only way to find out if it is something for you, is to try it out. 

Vox and Capriccio play hires and are free. Neutron has all features and more for $5.
How is kaisertone better than any of those?

And thx to all who reported those ugly sound issues .. postponed my iphone 6s upgrade until this is solved.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #156 of 881
Does the DAC support hi-res audio like Flac or DSD, or do you still need to use the lightning port for that like with the older models?

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #158 of 881
Actually IPhone 6 is pretty good for sound quality. It is just that how annoying it is to transfer back and forth FLAC files and or converting to ALAC .....no removable battery and or storage....

I can not imagine 6S sounds any worse. The EMI issue is probably depend on because it is the first batch ?

Anyways, I just really dislike the iTunes and not FLAC friendly ....

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #159 of 881
Checked with Shure SE535.

Heard exactly the buzzing noise that Lachlan videos showed. App switcher actions show it clear as light of day.No sim card inserted. Just Wifi and Bluetooth On.

747490da580ec71d85022cc5354275ef.jpg

the iPhone 6 that was besides the 6s did not exhibit any noise while performing same actions.Nor my 8 months old iPhone 6 does. Never in my whole tenure have i heard any background noise that was not on the album.Actually the buzzing has been a first. Never heard it in iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s or iPhone 6. Hooray Tim Cook!

If you can not hear it power to you. If you can like i do...errr i'll pretend iPhone 6s never happened.

Bad shielding.

To me this is case closed. Wishful thinking (batches and stuff) won't change that bad shielding (As it's per design).

If you don't get tonality right, nothing else matters.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #160 of 881
At the risk of being accused of snarkism...

Noisy audio (and little concern on the part of Apple for the outcries of some over-sensitive audiophiles)
No FLAC support
No expandable storage
Chained to iTunes forever
Clunky, out-dated interface
Ludicrously expensive
Draconian updates that break more things than they fix
Constant denials from Apple that their product is anything less than perfect

...why do people by iPhones again?

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #161 of 881

Noisy audio (and little concern on the part of Apple for the outcries of some over-sensitive audiophiles)
No FLAC support
No expandable storage
Ludicrously expensive

You seem to have such a dislike for iPhones.

...why are you in this thread again?

etysmile.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #162 of 881

No FLAC support
No expandable storage
Ludicrously expensive

Because at least with Apple, one can be assured of actually getting updates for their device (unlike a 2014 Moto X or 2015 Moto E) and not having to worry about something like Stagefright.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #163 of 881
Checked with Shure SE535.

Heard exactly the buzzing noise that Lachlan videos showed. App switcher actions show it clear as light of day.

747490da580ec71d85022cc5354275ef.jpg

the iPhone 6 that was besides the 6s did not exhibit any noise while performing same actions.Nor my 8 months old iPhone 6 does. Never in my whole tenure have i heard any background noise that was not on the album.Actually the buzzing has been a first. Never heard it in iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s or iPhone 6. Hooray Tim Cook!

If you can not hear it power to you. If you can like i do...errr i'll pretend iPhone 6s never happened.

Bad shielding.

To me this is case closed. Wishful thinking (batches and stuff) won't change that bad shielding (As it's per design).

If you don't get tonality right, nothing else matters.

Did you ONLY hear it with the app switcher? This is the only time I can hear it. If it's only present during the app switcher changes, then I'm not convinced it's hardware/shielding. If Hardware it should happen at any stage of software navigation, including just sitting there with the music app up and on pause, with no music, while doing nothing else. Yet there is no noise in that situation. If it's only present when using the app switcher, wouldn't that be indicative of a software issue? A_rec, what do you think?

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #164 of 881

You seem to have such a dislike for iPhones.

...why are you in this thread again?

etysmile.gif

Not sure how I got sucked into this thread, but I do dislike iPhones (and Apple in general), and the reasons given above are very valid.  I use an iPhone 5s from work, while my wife and daughter use Androids.  I am very jealous of them. 

I also should know better than to say anything bad about Apple or iPhones.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #165 of 881

Not sure how I got sucked into this thread, but I do dislike iPhones (and Apple in general), and the reasons given above are very valid.  I use an iPhone 5s from work, while my wife and daughter use Androids.  I am very jealous of them. 

I also should know better than to say anything bad about Apple or iPhones in an iPhone thread.

FTFY.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back