iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #31 of 1,973
I hope Cirrus never leaves the boat. Since they took care of the headphone out (iPhone 3Gs) it has ranged from excellent to unbelievably good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #33 of 1,973
Actually it's worse than that. iDevices take 24bits but truncate to 16 (which is worse than if it would dither to 16). Gathered the info from Stereophile a while back though.

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 1,973
First impression is quite good. Listened just a bit so far with Spotify extreme quality w/RE400s. More dynamic range than I9300, plenty of power (more than my Wolfson hack, which was pretty loud). I have not listened much to 5s, but will compare GF's to the 6 one of these days. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #37 of 1,973
Just setuped my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and I'm doing some audio tests now.

First impression is a little bit of deception.  Not as good as my iPhone 5.  It sounds a bit thinner.  Also there is something like very high frequency harmonics that seems to be emphasized, reminding me of the dryness or "electronic haze" we experienced with the iPod 6g.

But this is only a quick test and I need to go through more tracks to confirm this.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #38 of 1,973
  Just setuped my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and I'm doing some audio tests now.

First impression is a little bit of deception.  Not as good as my iPhone 5.  It sounds a bit thinner.  Also there is something like very high frequency harmonics that seems to be emphasized, reminding me of the dryness or "electronic haze" we experienced with the iPod 6g.

But this is only a quick test and I need to go through more tracks to confirm this.

US iPhone or Europe?

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #39 of 1,973
Can some one confirm if it's correct that if i buy iPhone from Australia it does not have that EU limiter or any similar thing? same as US? Yes and i know that Australia is not part of EU :D just checking if they have any of their own weird rules :) 

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #41 of 1,973
Can some one confirm if it's correct that if i buy iPhone from Australia it does not have that EU limiter or any similar thing? same as US? Yes and i know that Australia is not part of EU :D just checking if they have any of their own weird rules :) 

Only iDevices sold within the EU are capped.

iPads are not capped though (because they don't include bundled headphones and without them the EU white paper can not be applied).

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #43 of 1,973
im from uk,so how easy is it to remove eu cap

As far as I know it is only possible with a jailbreak.. And it is not available yet for iOS 8 and new iPhones...

It seems strange as it is only software... I don't know iOS enough but maybe it's when we activate our phones with our local SIM cards that it put the limitation ?

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #44 of 1,973
i may pass then if english iphone 6 definitely has eu cap.no other english phones have eu cap.htc m7/m8 all sammys and nokias.perhaps its not eu and its something to do with apple

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #45 of 1,973
As far as I know it is only possible with a jailbreak.. And it is not available yet for iOS 8 and new iPhones...

It seems strange as it is only software... I don't know iOS enough but maybe it's when we activate our phones with our local SIM cards that it put the limitation ?

It's definily not local sim cards, i bought new iPhome from US, first sim card is Giffgaff and there is no limitation option in menu

i may pass then if english iphone 6 definitely has eu cap.no other english phones have eu cap.htc m7/m8 all sammys and nokias.perhaps its not eu and its something to do with apple

Thats what i'm thinking, i know HTC One is really low and don't recall it having some kind of limitation, lest submit feedback to apple about this they need to stop :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back