iPhone 5 as a source
Sep 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #61 of 96
Quote:

Most are use to listening to crap sound as is. What most people want is quantity not quality.

Well... they'll get a little bit more bass than with the 4... so there's that....

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 96
So they are going back to emphasis on bass? I noticed lots of the ipods had a strange emphasis on the bass before (boosted)...

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #63 of 96
It's really subtle. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it if I didn't have a 4... In fact it might just be that the upper mids are less forward that gives the illusion of more bass... But for the sake of those that like more quantity, the 5 has more of it.

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #64 of 96
My new job comes with a phone, they want me to get an Iphone 5 -  this means I have to stop using my superb sounding Nokia N8 :frowning2:

So i have an opportunity to change it for something else. I will never be an Apple fan boy.

what's the best smart phone, sound wise, Galaxy?

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #65 of 96
Quote:
My new job comes with a phone, they want me to get an Iphone 5 -  this means I have to stop using my superb sounding Nokia N8 :frowning2:

So i have an opportunity to change it for something else. I will never be an Apple fan boy.

what's the best smart phone, sound wise, Galaxy?

What if it actually sounds quite good? The phone may need burn in after all? Sounds quite good if it's free.
cool.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #66 of 96
true, but from what I have read here its a down step from the 4S, which to me sounds worse than my N8

I have other DAPs,like HM-601 and Studio V, so it;s not the end of the world, just have a 4hour window to change my mind!

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #67 of 96
Hmm well if you were not happy with the 4s then I'm not so sure then :p. I am quite happy with the sound I get from my iphone 4 but I don't really use it anymore for music lol. Kinda hard to get a phone to compete when you are spoiled with a 601 an Studio V.
wink_face.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #68 of 96
i know, but sometimes I don't want to carry a DAP/GS Voyager, so just use my phone.

Nokia never even knew how good the N8 was, digital out to E7, HMDI out, FM transmitter, - its a one box media centre! 
shame the OS is so crappy.

so I am now entering the dark side........

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #69 of 96
lol still somewhat of a bomb if you strapping a portable amp to it though? I'm sure the UHA6 MKII would do worlds for it as well though.
cool.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #70 of 96
I always carry a man bag, so another box is no problem if the SQ makes it worthwhile

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #72 of 96
Fixed my earlier abomination of a post. Never post late at night or drunk - thankfully, this was the former and not the latter. Honest. 

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #73 of 96
Quote:

Mmmmmmkay, let's settle down a little, whathifi and iLounge....

Couldn't agree more - lifestyle media for hipsters. When I start taking WHF seriously, it may be time to take up a new hobby like cave diving or freebasing. (I always get those two mixed up)

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #74 of 96
Clare the editor has the audio knowledge of your local pizza delivery guy.
Shockingly bad, doubt whether they listen to anything they review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back