iPhone 5 as a source
Apr 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #91 of 96
Hmmm. That adaptor makes a mockery of a low profile LOD!
Is the consensus that the headphone out is the way forward for those of us that don't have the Cypher or similar? Thanks for the reply BTW. :)

That's what it sounds like to me. The 5 was my first and will be my last iPhone if this is the best we can do. And no way am I spending that much on the Cypher.

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #92 of 96
Unfortunately this is the only way as far as I know.

If only the camera connection kit for the iPad would work with the iPhone 5 then there was another way. But as it is now the CLAS or other products like that is the only way to extract digital bits from the iPhone 5. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #94 of 96
Well assuming the digital signal still requires Apple's decryption key/hardware chip (i.e. Made for iPhone), then I don't think this will change things much. It just means that if you want to use line out wit the iPhone 5 and any subsequent device that relies on the new dock configuration, you'll need the 30-pin adapter, and will have to rely on whatever DAC Apple's using in that.

is there any sound quality loss with iPhone 5 when using New Lightning to 30 Pin Adaptor for iPhone 5 to my LOD cable ?

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #95 of 96
Quote:
is there any sound quality loss with iPhone 5 when using New Lightning to 30 Pin Adaptor for iPhone 5 to my LOD cable ?

I think the sound becomes a little boring when using the Lightning to 30 pin adapter. Some of the sparkling and definition is gone and I prefer to use my old 5G Classic if I am not using the CLAS in between.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #96 of 96
So if I have a iPhone 5 and this Fred amp:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200908741875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Should I just connect it with 3,5 to 3,5 audio cable or should I buy a Lightning to 30 pin /  then a 30 pin to 3,5 audio?

Any advice to get the best possible sound from it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back