iPhone 5 (and new Touch) has totally new dock connector - 'Lightning' - adapters available but no line-out
Sep 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #241 of 399
When I got my 4th get ipod touch warrantied at apple they treated me like a little kid, I hated it. I think they are limited on the camera by the thickness of the ipod touch.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #242 of 399
It's a real head-scratcher to me why the iTouch can't get the good camera. It wouldn't cost Apple much more considering economy of scale and the iTouch would sell better. I guess Apple wants to reward those that are willing to pay $100 a month in a more important and competitive market, but it almost seems like a penalty to iTouch users.

Anyways I did the same thing, except I went for black
biggrin.gif

I won mine for $485 but that was over a month ago, it was perfect, and most importantly factory unlocked.

What I don't understand is why anybody would ever want a camera on a music player

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #244 of 399
Quote:
It's a real head-scratcher to me why the iTouch can't get the good camera. It wouldn't cost Apple much more considering economy of scale and the iTouch would sell better. I guess Apple wants to reward those that are willing to pay $100 a month in a more important and competitive market, but it almost seems like a penalty to iTouch users.

Anyways I did the same thing, except I went for black
biggrin.gif

I won mine for $485 but that was over a month ago, it was perfect, and most importantly factory unlocked.

Same reason why there's a WiFi + 3G iPad but no WiFi + 3G iPod Touch, Apple needs something to entice people to buy an iPhone.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #245 of 399
Quote:

Same reason why there's a WiFi + 3G iPad but no WiFi + 3G iPod Touch, Apple needs something to entice people to buy an iPhone.

There's plenty of space on the 10" iPad, but really limited on the Touch. A touch with 3G and the better camera is essentially a iPhone that refuses to make cellular call, as the touch would have to be bigger sized-iPhone size. Why would Apple make that when there's already an iPhone?

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #246 of 399
Quote:
What I don't understand is why anybody would ever want a camera on a music player

All-in-one mobile device maybe?

I use a "dumb phone", so a device that can:
  1. play music
  2. play movies
  3. play audiobooks
  4. play podcasts
  5. browse the internet
  6. take photos
  7. play games
  8. and much much much more
is a godsend for some people.

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #247 of 399
Quote:
 Why would Apple make that when there's already an iPhone?

My point exactly!

Quote:
All-in-one mobile device maybe?

I use a "dumb phone", so a device that can:
  1. play music
  2. play movies
  3. play audiobooks
  4. play podcasts
  5. browse the internet
  6. take photos
  7. play games
  8. and much much much more
is a godsend for some people.

You do realize that at the same storage capacity, the iPhone is $450US ($500CAD) more expensive than an iPod touch right? That's $450 more profit for Apple.

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #248 of 399
Quote:
I doubt I will ever be able to carry my entire library with me. The SDXC specification tops out at 2 Tb.

Lets be honest burnspbesq would you really want to carry more than 2 TB of music on you? At a certain point I'd be worried about the damn cards failing with so much info on them, including the price. I figure 256 is probably gonna be the highest I go, after that its just getting ridiculous to be honest.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #249 of 399
Who has 2 TB worth of music? Assuming all the songs are in flac 24/96, with avg of 11 MB/min, that would require (2*1024*1024)/11=190650 minutes, or 132 hours of non-stop listening! 

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #250 of 399
Well to be honest I have close to 1TB (about 850GBs now). Most of it is FLAC. About 150GBs of it is in mp3 (which I never use anymore pretty much). Would never consider listening to most of it on the go though lol. Has to be my absolute favorites to have that privilege and that so far is about 80+ GBs of lossless music on the go.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #251 of 399
Quote:
Well to be honest I have close to 1TB (about 850GBs now). Most of it is FLAC. About 150GBs of it is in mp3 (which I never use anymore pretty much). Would never consider listening to most of it on the go though lol. Has to be my absolute favorites to have that privilege and that so far is about 80+ GBs of lossless music on the go.

I honestly think 64 GB is good for at least 95% of all the folks (even the head-fi folks). Even for ipod I feel 160 GB is somewhat too much, sometimes it becomes hard searching through the albums :D

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #252 of 399
Got an iPhone 4S 64g and a modded 7G 240 Gb and i can attest that sometimes i can't choose an album on the 7G since i don't know what to listen to.

64G is a pretty good size for aac 320. Plenty to choose from but not as overwhelming as in the Classic.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #253 of 399
^ lmao you two :). I can understand being overwhelmed by so many choices. At that point you're better just setting it on shuffle and let it work its magic or risk destroying the musical experience :D.

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #254 of 399
Usually i just flip thru the cover flow from a to z (Which takes me weeks:wink: and in those moments when i say to myself i just want to listen to that album i go for it (and then is when i value the Classic since i don't have to check if the album is loaded cause all my music is there:wink:.

Back to the topic...anybody has a clue of when the dock adapter will be available?

Not being able to just am an iPhone would be a serious step back in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back