iPhone 4
Jun 8, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #31 of 124

Quote:
wished an android had better sq, but then again i would never buy an iphone even if it had the best sq ever

and i will never come to your birthday party even if you have the biggest cake ever
tongue_smile.gif

looks nice to me.  Too bad I got a 3gs this year and won't have an update for a loooooooong time.  Can't wait to see what app makers do with the gyroscope.  I wonder if Skies of Glory will come out with a new version that takes advantage of the new control!  That would be awesome.  speed controls with up/down movement, what else...

the visual calls is cool from a tech point of view, but I'm not into it at all from a user point of view.  I've only had one skype conversation in my life, and it was one of the most awkward calls of my life even though I was talking to my sister

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #33 of 124
Youre not supposed to eat it !!!!  
eek.gif

Quote:
I like it, but no OLED (I know, bad in sunlight) and flash leaves a bad taste. Plus I'll only buy a smartphone secondhand, and the new model probably won't drop to reasonable prices for a LONG time. (The 16GB 3GS is still going for $400+)

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #35 of 124
Yeah, I meant dac.  I am not sure that I believe that they "had" to use the micro-sim because of space.  I think it's just another one of their proprietary games.  The ipad uses the micro-sim as well and it has oodles of room.  I am sort of new to the iphone world, does it use the same dac as the ipods?  If so that would be great!  Thanks for the reply.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #36 of 124
Jun 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #37 of 124

Quote:
Looks like Apple didn't pull an about-face on the leaked iPhones. Evolutionary upgrades to a good amount of things, nothing groundbreaking in the announcement. Slightly disappointing that prices and sizes remain the same (16GB for $199, 32GB for $299). Expected it to go 32/64GB for $199/299 respectively.

The reason the iPod Touch has double the memory over the iphone is due to using two flash memory cards. The iPhone only has room for one. The history of the iPhone vs. the iPod Touch shows this.

Apple use 16 and 32GB flash chips, thus the available sizes in the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.

Note: I did not come up with this myself, but heard it from numerous other sources. iPod Touch (and iPad) have two memory chips vs. the iPhone's one.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #38 of 124

Quote:
Yeah, I meant dac.  I am not sure that I believe that they "had" to use the micro-sim because of space.  I think it's just another one of their proprietary games.  The ipad uses the micro-sim as well and it has oodles of room.  I am sort of new to the iphone world, does it use the same dac as the ipods?  If so that would be great!  Thanks for the reply.

"Inside, the iPhone 4 is powered by the same A4 chip that's inside the iPad. It's a package-on-package ARM-based SoC. It's so tightly packed inside that Jobs said that going with a Micro SIM rather than a regular SIM was a necessity."

No reason to spend money to develop a new standard if it's not needed.  The iPad probably got it cuz the new iPhone was gonna get it.  Anyway, haven't seen anything about what DAC will be used.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #41 of 124
More people camping out in front of the store or mall the night B4.

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #42 of 124

Quote:
it is said that iPhone 4 is very nice and light weight ,i can't wait.In the end of this month, it will come out in market .

The iPhone 4 is actually 2 grams heavier than the 3GS, but it is pretty significantly thinner and slightly less wider than the 3GS.

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 3GS, but I too am dying to find out about the DAC and all the audio components compared to the 3GS!

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #43 of 124
I really do like the new design. So would not be surprised if this will be the one for me..
Time will show!

Jun 12, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #44 of 124
Ew, a Twilight avatar.
As my contract w/ Verizon expires late August, I'm really tired of this BlackBerry 8330. I've been looking hard at the Android-based phone on the same carrier, but lately I've been edging over towards the iPhone 4 for its software support. If there's one thing I learned from being stuck w/ this phone for two years, it's that I better darn well love it if it's going to be stuck with me for that long.

My father thinks even $200 for a phone is a lot, so hopefully I can gain the extra money to buy the phone on my own by the time school starts. AT&T's network coverage is also something that bothers me (had personal experience from my old roommate who had an iPhone and I had to lend him my BB a few times because of a poor signal), but hopefully user feedback when the iPhone 4 comes out will indicate that this problem has been somewhat remedied.

Jun 12, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #45 of 124

Quote:
Ew, a Twilight avatar.
As my contract w/ Verizon expires late August, I'm really tired of this BlackBerry 8330. I've been looking hard at the Android-based phone on the same carrier, but lately I've been edging over towards the iPhone 4 for its software support. If there's one thing I learned from being stuck w/ this phone for two years, it's that I better darn well love it if it's going to be stuck with me for that long.

My father thinks even $200 for a phone is a lot, so hopefully I can gain the extra money to buy the phone on my own by the time school starts. AT&T's network coverage is also something that bothers me (had personal experience from my old roommate who had an iPhone and I had to lend him my BB a few times because of a poor signal), but hopefully user feedback when the iPhone 4 comes out will indicate that this problem has been somewhat remedied.

Ass! (yes pun intended).

There are some new Android phones coming out soon, a Droid 2 and Droid X, I believe? Not exactly certain, it's hard to keep up when there's a new Android phone every 2 weeks.  But my point is, if you are comparing the iPhone 4 to the current Android phones, you probably want to look at the upcoming ones as well if you haven't already. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back