iPhone 4
Jun 7, 2010 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124

azncookiecutter

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like Apple didn't pull an about-face on the leaked iPhones. Evolutionary upgrades to a good amount of things, nothing groundbreaking in the announcement. Slightly disappointing that prices and sizes remain the same (16GB for $199, 32GB for $299). Expected it to go 32/64GB for $199/299 respectively.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 124
I was waiting for the iPhone to be offered by Sprint. Now that Sprint has the EVO, I guess that will never happen.
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 124
I'd like iPhone head-fi edition with upgraded dac and amp stage, something like s:flo with iOS, lol

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 124
Still, a better camera with a flash, hd video recording/editing, better battery life, multi-tasking, videochat capability, and much higher screen resolution; nothing to sneeze at here, Apple is still setting the bar
ph34r.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #10 of 124
I like it, but no OLED (I know, bad in sunlight) and flash leaves a bad taste. Plus I'll only buy a smartphone secondhand, and the new model probably won't drop to reasonable prices for a LONG time. (The 16GB 3GS is still going for $400+)

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #11 of 124
setting apple's bar with old old specs, just look at hd touch hd2 or xperia. just the os passes!
Quote:
Still, a better camera with a flash, hd video recording/editing, better battery life, multi-tasking, videochat capability, and much higher screen resolution; nothing to sneeze at here, Apple is still setting the bar
ph34r.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 124
Quote:
ph34r.gif

Wouldn't quite say that. Hardware wise, battery life is the only real standout compared to the latest set of smartphones. Otherwise, the iPhone 4 just brings the iOS platform up to hardware parity with the rest of the crowd. Not that it's a bad thing since iOS is still the most polished mobile OS out there.

From the 3G, great upgrade since it nets platform commonality with the rest of the iOS ecosystem. From the 3GS, not so much.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #13 of 124
Was still hoping for a better design. Not too elegant compared to other phones. Everything other feature i can already do on my macbook pro. Considering my family knows how to use skype, the new video chat is not worth the extra 3 to 4 bills.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #15 of 124
The WWDC keynote didn't turn out so well. The Wi-Fi wasn't working so he bailed on that. Steve asked for suggestions from the audience and someone shouts, "Try Verizon."

http://gizmodo.com/5557458/watch-the-steve-jobs-keynote-meltdown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back